Shocks....

Chat about anything
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Shocks....

Post by shebee »

We have a plan to reduce the height on the navigator, there doesn’t seem to be an easy triangles/ dogbones fix so thinking if shorter shock and stuffing the forks through the yokes. Is the consensus for Maxton or Hagon shocks or any other suggestions?

Ta :dance:
Twisted Tequila Sister
nickst4
On the Road

Re: Shocks....

Post by nickst4 »

Oho, you have a Navigator too? :happyhappy:

When I decided to scratch the itch of Cagiva Gran Canyon ownership, having admired them for years but feared the height relative to my modest legs, I got lucky without knowing it 'cos the PO had fitted a 17" front wheel to the gorgeous blue one that came up on ebay. That's an inch nearer the ground at the front than OEM and I've never bothered to drop the back end. Still tip-toe at rest, but with decent 17" Avon Storm road radials instead of 17"/19" semi-knobblies, the bike handles like a ballet dancer!

To my mind, the Suzuki-powered Navigator isn't as pretty as the GC, which is saying something as an air-cooled 900cc Ducati motor has never been packaged as neatly as Terblanche did with the GC, but I guess it has more poke if you really need it. To me, the style and manners of the GC put it right at the top of my favourite bikes. :nod:

None of which answers your actual question about shocks.... :(

Nick
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Shocks....

Post by shebee »

:D
The Navi was purchased for t’other half as Raptor was too cramped for him , we had a DL1000 first and it was horribly sanitised (and the clutch was awful!) so the Navigator was the obvious solution for him to keep up!

BUT it’s about 2.5 inches too tall for me (we tested this by raising the ground with bits of wood) and currently the one new knee and one knackered old one mean that the raptor is a bit cramped if the weather is not brilliant and it’s already in ‘stock’ so vaguely sensible head says make it fit so we can both ride it!

Other sensible head suggestion of making the raptor fit has been vetoed because I can ride it sometimes as it is and anyway the Navi has a top box which makes it ideal for shopping 🛍 :woot:

Other other not so sensible head suggestion of buying something else has been vetoed by the bank! :snooty:
Twisted Tequila Sister