What might have been...

Chat about anything
nickst4
On the Road

What might have been...

Post by nickst4 »

Being as I like to amass such stuff, I picked up a rather arty-farty sales brochure for the Raptor 1K the other day. Very reasonable price for such a rare item too, as no other ebayers were interested!

Apart from weird images of a naked bald gymnast of indeterminate gender, what interests me are the pics of the bike in two colour-ways (I think that's the term?). Otherwise identical to the bikes we now have, the red version had a red seat which I've not seen, and both had very in-your-face 'Raptor' logos on their flanks; nothing like as subtle as the ones to be seen on bikes these days. I just wonder if it was a matter of taste or whether there was possible conflict between Cagiva's best and a Yamaha quad-bike of the same name?

All good fun!

Best wishes to all for a great 2020,

Nick
Attachments
P1040060 Raptor brochure.jpg
P1040060 Raptor brochure.jpg (176.31 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: What might have been...

Post by shebee »

Hmm, interesting 🧐. I have a pile of stuff that came with my raptor originally from previous owner.... as mine is due to go to a new home i will have a sort through before it goes and pass to you if you are interested x. There might not be anything there but i will have a look :D
Twisted Tequila Sister
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Ta muchly, Sheebs! :happyhappy:

Nick
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

had a red seat which I've not seen, and both had very in-your-face 'Raptor' logos
My V-Raptor is red and is original seat was also red/black as per the photo and looked quite nice, a little 'tarts boudoir' may be, but hey-ho what we'll do for a little glamour. Unfortunately, as is the case with such upholstery, it blacked up with use and soon lost it's appeal.

I've never seen the large logos either and I must say they don't look good at all.