Shorty brake leavers?

Chat about anything
jamesy3218
On the Road

Shorty brake leavers?

Post by jamesy3218 »

Hi everyone is safe and well. Can someone send me a link for shorty leavers for my 2002 cagiva 650 raptor. Universal ones ?? Let me know ? So many online :rant: :dance:
nickst4
On the Road

Re: Shorty brake leavers?

Post by nickst4 »

Hi James,

You'll have to do your own search for these, though I put an ebay reference in a post on levers some while ago. I'll have a look for it but it might be out of date by now... There's stacks of stuff under 'brake and clutch levers' in the General Technical section. What I would say is that the cheap oriental ones are so well-made that it makes no sense to pay £120 for ASV, etc.

All I wanted to say is think before you opt for short levers. I bought a set for one of the bikes and rapidly realised they were a mistake. It may well be you usually use only two fingers on the brake, but there may come a time when you really wish you could use all four! Similarly, having your full hand-span on the clutch gives a much greater feeling of control. The last thing you need is the clutch lever slipping out of your grip when you are doing a tricky low-speed turn.

It may be a sign of being a Real Man to have short levers so if you are sure you can hack it, go for them. Me; I hate shooting myself in the foot! :shock:

Nick
jamesy3218
On the Road

Re: Shorty brake leavers?

Post by jamesy3218 »

Thank you very much for getting back. I have seen the cheap ones. Was worried they would not be strong enough well made, but you said they are so I will go for them. Was on my friends sv650 I'm ok with them. :happyhappy: