First Ride for me

Chat about anything
nickst4
On the Road

Re: First Ride for me

Post by nickst4 »

Maybe you found my post on the subject? :wink:

The original shocks have thin steel top mounts, and every alternative shock I've tried on a Raptor has had an alloy top mount that is just too thick-walled to fit the chassis. Relieving metal on the top of the mount doesn't weaken it significantly IMO, because it doesn't see the full load of the suspension. Much better to gain clearance like that, rather than butcher the chassis mount.

Nick
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Post by Trevor68 »

Just a note that the aftermarket Wilbers I bought slipped straight in. I also got it built 3mm longer which lifted the back nicely. Bonus is you can also just reach the rebound adjuster to turn it.
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Just a note that the aftermarket Wilbers I bought slipped straight in. I also got it built 3mm longer which lifted the back nicely. Bonus is you can also just reach the rebound adjuster to turn it.
Same here the Wilbers fitted no hassle and btw Trevor mine was standard length and I can still reach the rebound adjuster through the triangles.

Yes it is quite pricey but I've had it on the bike for a good 4 years/40K in all weathers and it's only just feeling it might need a refurb.

Andy B
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

Thanks guys, i have read as much as i can including the fact i need some 3mm and 5mm spacers to centralise it, they are on their way :revrev:
Roadsters are me!