Speedo Sender Unit

Chat about anything
KAOS

Speedo Sender Unit

Post by KAOS »

Hello from Australia its cool down under :)
This is my story.
I bought a 2000 Raptor 1000 very cheaply at the beginning of this year it was an unloved motorcycle so I thought I'd give it a new home and some love, it has received both, but it repaid me by letting the speedo go mental while wizzing down the Hume Highway at a highly illegal speed, and being booked by Johnny- Policeman.
Anyway I did some checks or so I thought, I believed it was the Sender Unit so I bought a good secondhand one for $100, installed it, tested, still a mental speedo, so I pulled the headlight out took the speedometer off and low and behold the main plug wasn't pushed in properly, I could just spit !!!!!!
Now I have fully functioning speedo and an incredibly good fun bike to ride, I love it.
Thank you Cagiva, and thank you for letting me join this on-line group.
Cheers KAOS :)
nickst4
On the Road

Re: Speedo Sender Unit

Post by nickst4 »

Good to have you with us, and well done for finding the source of your problem! It's a pain when you've gone to all that trouble and expense and find such a simple reason for it, but the feeling of YES!!!! makes up for it. :D

Nick
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Re: Speedo Sender Unit

Post by Trevor68 »

Welcome, they are a great ride. Hope to get mine out more soon, going to be 20 degrees today in our nations capital, so warming up nicely. 8)
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”