A sad case?

Chat about anything
nickst4
On the Road

A sad case?

Post by nickst4 »

Is there anyone else who just sits on their bikes in the shed/garage and dreams of the pleasure of riding them when the mucky winter weather relents? Our two Raptors are ready to go and need no servicing and I feel bad about ignoring them, so I give them a metaphorical cuddle every now and then... :roll:

Meanwhile, it's the Gilera NordWest twins that are getting all the attention. Twins as in two singles, that is. One is rather tatty and was going to be prettified this winter before a pristine one came along that just needed re-commissioning. They'll be fun to ride too, being the best singles I've ever had. :nod:

Nick
andybaggies
On the Road

Re: A sad case?

Post by andybaggies »

:D Ha-ha-ha like the dog in the AA advert... I've done it with the Ducati but because the Raptor is a bit of a ratter I have taken it out pre lockdown in the cold/bad weather.

And it still surprises me how jolly it is when giving it a biff in third... :revrev:

Andy B
witstu
On the Road

Post by witstu »

Fired mine up yesterday to warm it thoroughly through. Gave the throttle a couple of blips after a few minutes when choke was off and damn! The cable has snapped! At least it didn’t happen 100 mile from home. Will have to investigate in the near future.
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

Yes i sit on mine all the time and then find another thing that needs doing!
Roadsters are me!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Not sad at all! I am feeling so guilty about not taking the Ducati out, I always tell her ‘soon’ as I get the Grom out to do the essential shopping run... the scrambler got a new screen and panniers for Christmas and I haven’t had a chance to test them since, so sitting on it and going “duga duga” may have happened once or twice :oops:
Twisted Tequila Sister