Tyre valve size

Chat about anything
Widetrak
On the Road

Tyre valve size

Post by Widetrak »

Hi folks I need to know the tyre valve size if anyone can help please? Bike passed mot last week with only one advisory for tyres and I have ordered some badass Michelin power cup 2.
Thanks
nickst4
On the Road

Re: Tyre valve size

Post by nickst4 »

Are you fitting them yourself? If not, your fitter will surely be able to help. Screw-fit ones are probably about 8mm thread, but you must have some on there already? Then there's the choice of straight or angled. I'm not sure why you would need to ask, but hopefully you can get your bike back on the road ASAP.

Or is this an April 1st windup?

Nick
Widetrak
On the Road

Post by Widetrak »

:lol: not it’s not a wind up, I got it booked in at Demon Tweeks next week for tyres and as you probably know the valves are awkward to get to on the Raptor so I wanted 90 degree angled ones and they asked me what size they are and I didn’t know.
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Post by Trevor68 »

These are the ones i bought from fleabay that worked fine in my Raptor, I didn't even consider there might be different sizes! :blink:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2pc-Schrade ... %3A2334524
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
Widetrak
On the Road

Post by Widetrak »

That’s what I wanted to know.Thanks Trevor👍
ctrr
On the Road

Post by ctrr »

Shrader valve thread size is a 'standard' diameter and pitch, so any 'Shrader' valve adapter will work, just pick one with a suitable angle that will fit your wheel.
As a side note...bear in mind that fitting any adapter will have an (adverse) effect on balancing of the wheel it's fitted to...unless of course the wheel is balanced after fitting the adapter.
I only ever use mine when inflating the tyre, then remove it.