GEEZERS NEED EXCITEMENT

Chat about anything
KLAUS VON BENSKI

GEEZERS NEED EXCITEMENT

Post by KLAUS VON BENSKI »

geezers need excitement, so I've just put a deposit on a Raptor 1000, should pick it up on around december 18th (peak summertime in deepest suffolk).

I want to maximise the "dug, dug, dug, dug" sound - leo vince slip ons have been suggested. Would any of you learned raptor geezers suggest otherwise?

Then again I might change my mind and buy a speed triple at the last moment...
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Whoo go for it... Having toured the Pyranees on my Raptor in company of a speed nipple, The Raptor is the way to go... (unless your ar 6ft 6 like my Triumph riding companion)...

Huge Grins are in your future .... Enjoy !!! :D
KLAUS VON BENSKI

Post by KLAUS VON BENSKI »

I'm a mere 5ft 9 and a 1/4 (don't forget the quarter), so I'd be fine - thanks anyway Sheebee, but do you or anyone else know about exhausts for Raptors - the best options etc..??
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

May I direct you to our illustrious sponsors ?? (see home page and click the "click me dammit")

and suggest Renegades? :D
forza
On the Road

Post by forza »

Yeah go for it !

Cans? may I suggest 'MIVV' they do a type approved range with removable baffles. They can be sourced from Motohaus.

Welcome aboard.
martylemoo

Mivv

Post by martylemoo »

I have Mivv on my bike, admittedly they are not strictly road legal but they do sound fantastic. Only £200 for two carbon fibre cans and connecting pipes bit of a bargain also.
Cheesy Grin

Post by Cheesy Grin »

When you do get pipes, let me know if you want a K&N freeflow air filter to go with them.

Also for sale, I've got a Hyper Pro rear shock with ride height adjustment.
Cheesy Grin

Post by Cheesy Grin »

Oh, and a Baines link as well...
taffraptor

Post by taffraptor »

I Think any race can will give you that sound your after, Ive got a pair of Remus Grand Prix fitted and they wake the dead.
I think there is a pair of race cans on ebay at the mo
Taff
CRIMSONDEVIL

Exhausts

Post by CRIMSONDEVIL »

If you're searching for near Akrapovic finish and sound but with softer price...you have to buy Arrows Race Tech Titanium.

I have equipped every of my Raptors (3 since here) with it and never regretted my choice. :D

Re: Exhausts

Post by Guest »

CRIMSONDEVIL wrote:55 years agoIf you're searching for near Akrapovic finish and sound but with softer price...you have to buy Arrows Race Tech Titanium.

I have equipped every of my Raptors (3 since here) with it and never regretted my choice. :D

wow... nice bikes u haf... envy dat u own 3 raptors... hmmm..
i own one red normal raptor 1000 ... tinkin to fix a PC II, akrapovic titanium, and TRE (Timing retard eliminator)
was hoping to own one xtra raptor in the near future too... but den.. singapore market for raptor is soooo... small...