Minor Spill

Chat about anything
rich
On the Road

Minor Spill

Post by rich »

Had a bit of a spill on Sunday. Nothing major but a guy in front of me decided to change lanes at the last minute to take a right turn, forcing me to do a bit of emergency braking. This would have been all right as I had enough room to stop but just after I hit the brakes a manhole cover appeared from under his car and I hit it with the brakes hard on. Away went the front wheel and down I went. I’m ok apart from a couple of bruises. (Need a new jacket but at least it did it’s job) but the V-Raptor needs a few bits so I wondered if any one could help out?

All bits needed are for the right-hand side but I will of course buy a pair

Front and rear foot rests and the footrest hanger (just missed Mike’s ones but does anyone else have them).

The outside part of the indicator pod (has anyone replaced theirs with carbon who will part with their originals)

A front brake leaver.

Hopefully I can get Mike’s rear brake leaver and bar ends but if anyone else has them please also let me know.

Then it just needs a bit a repaint but I was planning this anyway and had already bought a new set of tank transfers so I guess now is the time.

Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rich
Vaguely ridicules though nevertheless entertaining
martylemoo

Post by martylemoo »

hi Rich,
Sorry to hear about your spill. :cry: I think i have a brake lever lying around somewhere, if you can give me a day or so i will try and dig it out.
pm me you address and i will get it in the post.
cheers
Martyn
martylemoo

Post by martylemoo »

Yes,just found it, already packaged up as i was going to send it to someone else a while ago. I have got you PM Rich i will put it in the post first thing tomorrow. Think of it as a late crimbo present!!! Glad to help out other raptor riders.
rich
On the Road

Post by rich »

Thanks for that. I owe you one and if your are ever in North London let me know and I will buy you a beer (or 2)

Rich
Richie

Post by Richie »

HI Rich.
Sorry to here about your off, but at least your ok.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Sorry to hear it Rich... I'd reccomend Arnica for the bruises !
martylemoo

Breaking Bike

Post by martylemoo »

Hi Rich,
This guy might be of use to you, he is breaking a complete raptor.
Cheers
Martyn
ps. did you get the brake lever?
rich
On the Road

Post by rich »

The brake lever turned up this morning thanks. I owe you.

But sorry who should I contact about the parts?

Rich
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Post by Mike Edwards »

rich wrote:55 years agoThe brake lever turned up this morning thanks. I owe you.

But sorry who should I contact about the parts?

Rich
Probably the same guy (Jim Redmond) I'm already talking to on your behalf!

He's going to have more info on Monday as to the condition of the foot rest hangers .