New owner

Chat about anything
Amanda M
On the Road

New owner

Post by Amanda M »

Hi there

I'm picking up a 2002 raptor 1000 on saturday :D I've always wanted one and test rode it t'other day and it's probably the fun bike I've ever ridden so had to buy it! I'm trading in my SV650S for it.

Are there any problems with them that I should be aware of?

Hopefully see some of you on rideouts soon

Amanda
martylemoo

Post by martylemoo »

Welcome Amanda, only two problems i can think of:-
1. How to wipe the smile off your face after every ride :D and
2. How to stop yourself going on random rideouts that you never found yourself doing on the SV :twisted:
Have fun with it!!
Cheers
Martyn
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

Cheers for that! I noticed the huge grin when I test rode it on monday :lol: I realised right then that I had to buy it. How could I not when it made me grin like that? :wink:

Amanda
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

:)

Enjoy and welcome!

Problems... well if you have a partner they may notice that you are not at home so often. 8)

Post by Guest »

Amanda M wrote:55 years agoCheers for that! I noticed the huge grin when I test rode it on monday :lol: I realised right then that I had to buy it. How could I not when it made me grin like that? :wink:

Amanda
haha .. congrates mann.. haf nvr even regretted ownin a raptor 1000 althou i had a valk interstate... hehe...
its really a traffic killer.. haha.. maybe singapore too many traffic lights???
but den... sudden pops can be accidental too... hehe... :twisted:
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome to the wonderful world of Rapt :D In the slightly nicer weather - from manchester go south and west and errm you'll find a place called Wales, Raptors love twisty Wales :D

only recalls have been a rear disk and radiator spacer bolt - on the 2000/1 bikes, so yours should be fine

Enjoy :D :D :D :D

oh yes - take neat lemon juice if your grin won't fit in yr helmet :wink:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

Cheers for the welcome everyone :D
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Nearly saturday :lol:
SnappY
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

Well, I picked it up on saturday and was having a great time, until I stopped at a set of traffic lights only to see smoke coming from the radiator. I pulled over, and there it was - a leak :( So it's back in the shop being fixed. Should get it back this afternoon, with its race cans fitted too :twisted: .

Most impressed with it though so far, except for the side stand... Is there anything I can do to make it lean over a little bit further?
Shlockengronk
On the Road

Post by Shlockengronk »

mine did exactly that too with the radiator, problem with the wrong washer on the top mount, needs a top hat washer(if its leaking from near there)....to make it lean over more jack up the rear it'll handle better too (baines linkage)welcome
Life starts at 45.......................degrees
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

Shlockengronk wrote:55 years agomine did exactly that too with the radiator, problem with the wrong washer on the top mount, needs a top hat washer(if its leaking from near there)....to make it lean over more jack up the rear it'll handle better too (baines linkage)welcome

Cheers for that :D Fingers crossed I get her back this afternoon!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

As I need the low seat height to get me toes down I just take a long time parking :roll: and make sure I'm on the right camber. the top hat washer was a recall job.
Hope she's back with you and not steaming now :D
SnappY
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

:D :D :D :D :D

Got her back last night, all fixed and happy. They fitted some carbon can company race cans to her too so now it sounds like it should :twisted:

Only problem now is that it snowed overnight round by where I live and there's no way it's going out in that! :lol: Roll on dry roads and summer - we're gonna have some fun!
DeanoSeadog
On the Road

Post by DeanoSeadog »

Arrggghhh the antcipation would be killing me if I were you! I'm glad I got to ride mine straight away. Flew 1000kms bought the bike and rode it home! What a honeymoon! Looks like your in for some fun this summer though.
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

DeanoSeadog wrote:55 years agoArrggghhh the antcipation would be killing me if I were you! I'm glad I got to ride mine straight away. Flew 1000kms bought the bike and rode it home! What a honeymoon! Looks like your in for some fun this summer though.
It is torture! I rode it home last night in sleety rain, cleaned it then sat in the garage on it going 'vroom' for ages and giggling :lol:

can't wait for summer :twisted: