Will SV1000S engine fit a Rap

General spannery stuff
MX5

Will SV1000S engine fit a Rap

Post by MX5 »

Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me if a 2004 SV1000S engine will bolt straight into a Rap and if there are any differences, what are they? I know that the clutch mechanism on the SV is hydraulic, swap-over or upgrade shouldn't be too complicated, but what about things like bolt holes for fixing the thing in the frame? Do the Rap injectors bolt straight on and are there any internal differences like camshafts, valve diameters or gear ratios? Thanks for any help. Greg.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Will SV1000S engine fit a Rap

Post by shebee »

Hi

Do you have a raptor at the moment? If so which Year is it as this may make a difference.

I dont know about the fit of an sv into the rap frame but we bought a DL 1000 (same basic engine) for significant other, purely on the basis that we love the raptor engine.. the DL is so different in engine characteristics and performance :nerner: that we are contemplating putting a raptor engine in the DL frame!
:ride:
Twisted Tequila Sister
MX5

Post by MX5 »

Hi

Thankyou for answering. Mine's a 2001 Rap, more or less standard, but with over 70 thousand k's on the clock and the top end is getting a bit rattley, which is why I'm looking for a replacement. All these engines look the same ( TL, SV, DL, Vstrom ) it's precisely the little invisible to the naked eye that worry me.

Greg
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Externally they are basically the same,majority of the differences are in the mounting plates.
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable