Carbon Fibre VRaptor/Raptor bodywork

General spannery stuff
Demansia
On the Road

Re: Carbon Fibre VRaptor/Raptor bodywork

Post by Demansia »

Scarlatti are doing a 20% discount on parts for November, just enter promo code nv12 in checkout section to get it.
Just ordered some parts for mine, now to see how long they take to get to Oz. Hopefully before Xmas.

Chad
Nothin like V-Twin Grin!!
pmogs
On the Road

Post by pmogs »

Hope you did'nt order a Rear Hugger , as Scarlatti were the suppliers of e-moto , (which as advertised , rear hugger for a Raptor 1000 , Did'nt fit !!!!!!!!!! )
Got one , mint condition , as new if you want to try !!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Anakist
On the Road

Post by Anakist »

Yeah they got back to me on 14th and I bought one. Hopefully it gets here before christmas!

James
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Aussiejoe wrote:55 years agoHas anyone bought parts from Trenditaly http://www.trenditaly.com/cagiva-cagiva ... 53_60.html http://www.trenditaly.com/cagiva-cagiva ... 8_300.html

They're the only place I've seen that sells all the parts I want as well as the radiator covers.

Anybody know what the quality is like? Rather get all the pieces from the same place in one lot, otherwise freight costs a fortune to get it to Oz.
Old thread but i just want to warn people what they might be in for if you buy through TrendItaly . Well first hand i can tell you the quality of the rear hugger/chainguard is crap! Do not buy from trend italy , very dissapointed. The carbon is poor quality,the finish is not even average and its sooooo thin you can see straight through,very flimsy and it needs strengthening with a fourth bolt hole on the right hand side. Now surprisingly the 3 bolt holes actually line up , so i am thinking this is a good start. Wrong, then i check the clearance between the rear hugger and tyre and the hugger is sitting on the tyre :x So you will need to do a lot of work to get this to fit and be rigid . Waste of money :angry: :angry: :angry:
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

Oh dear, that's bad! Thanks for the heads up, but gutted for you. :(
So many motorcycles, so little money!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

JimBo wrote:55 years agoOh dear, that's bad! Thanks for the heads up, but gutted for you. :(
No worries mate i will fix it up and tap a new hole in the swinger and add some spacers here and there, just annoys me anything i get out of italy usually takes a lot of work :nod: silly of me to expect something that costs around $300au should fit straight on and be of good quality material
Last edited by ozzraptor on |January 7th, 2015|, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OkBails
On the Road

Post by OkBails »

Sorry to hear of your dilemma Ozz. Hope it's not too much knuckle skin to get it sorted.
I've just bought a key guard from IGT and hope I don't get the same crap. I'll let everyone know how it looks when it arrives in 6 months...lol.
Bails
Resurrecting V Raptor 1000
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Now that its on it looks ok and i got a good gap between the tyre and hugger, around 25mm so am happy with that. Just needed to raise the hugger by that amount with a new bracket. I will probabaly use a stainless tie on the right side which i had left over from my rear header pipe wrap :happyhappy:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Gap now is good , carbon layers are a bit patchy looking but its not really in youre face ,now just need to secure the right sidealthough it would probabaly be ok but a fixing of some sort would make it completely rigid and should not move.
pmogs
On the Road

Post by pmogs »

Been on the look out for a carbon fibre rear hugger that fit's properly for quite a few year's !!!
Can any one help ???
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

pmogs wrote:55 years agoBeen on the look out for a carbon fibre rear hugger that fit's properly for quite a few year's !!!
Can any one help ???
Hi mate, i found part of the cause of the problems with my hugger ,rear tab was out of alignment although not bent so i guess it came that way from factory, just letting people know so they can make the right choice , you may not have any problems with the trend italy piece but i am still glad i got it, the hugger really tidies things up and stops all those small stone chips. 8) good luck
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

If you want great quality carbon fiber bits, register to this site http://www.raptormaniaforum.it/forum/in ... afd4cd2aed and PM modelcompositi.
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

V4mp wrote:55 years agoIf you want great quality carbon fiber bits, register to this site http://www.raptormaniaforum.it/forum/in ... afd4cd2aed and PM modelcompositi.
:happyhappy: +1 I am resisting the temptation for a carbon front guard now :angry:
ozzraptor
On the Road

modelcompositi

Post by ozzraptor »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years ago
V4mp wrote:55 years agoIf you want great quality carbon fiber bits, register to this site http://www.raptormaniaforum.it/forum/in ... afd4cd2aed and PM modelcompositi.
:happyhappy: +1 I am resisting the temptation for a carbon front guard now :angry:
Just a word of warning for anyone outside of Italy if you intend on buying any carbon parts from modelcompositi , i just received my refund from a paypal claim that i opened because it seems that modelcompositi would much rather have your money than supply your part. Anyway after 3 months with little or no communications with this person about the whereabouts of my carbon lower and a few laim excuses i decided to make a claim and was refunded my full payment which was over $400 so i am happy not to be dealing with modelcompositi any more. If you were one that received your part from him consider yourself lucky! fwiw
V4mp
On the Road

Re: modelcompositi

Post by V4mp »

Just a word of warning for anyone outside of Italy if you intend on buying any carbon parts from modelcompositi , i just received my refund from a paypal claim that i opened because it seems that modelcompositi would much rather have your money than supply your part. Anyway after 3 months with little or no communications with this person about the whereabouts of my carbon lower and a few laim excuses i decided to make a claim and was refunded my full payment which was over $400 so i am happy not to be dealing with modelcompositi any more. If you were one that received your part from him consider yourself lucky! fwiw
Sad to hear it didn't work out. :(
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !