Clutch conversion

General spannery stuff
Miz
On the Road

Clutch conversion

Post by Miz »

Have just seen these on E-Bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Hi ... 1587712518

Looks like it could be a good way to convert the Raptor to a part hydraulic clutch.
152/999
cowelly
On the Road

Re: Clutch conversion

Post by cowelly »

I converted my Tls to hydraulic. Piece of cake, just use the Tlr stuff with a teensy bit of fettling. I soon put it back to cable as it had a lot more feel to it with no real benefit over hydraulic. Also you can carry a spare clutch cable to sort things out if they go wrong which is a lot harder with hydraulic imho :wink:
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

cowelly wrote:55 years agoI converted my Tls to hydraulic. Piece of cake, just use the Tlr stuff with a teensy bit of fettling. I soon put it back to cable as it had a lot more feel to it with no real benefit over hydraulic. Also you can carry a spare clutch cable to sort things out if they go wrong which is a lot harder with hydraulic imho :wink:
Have you still got the conversion bits for hydraulic?
152/999
cowelly
On the Road

Post by cowelly »

no sorry Miz. It all went with the TL about 12yrs ago. If you get hold of the Tlr clutch cover and slave cylinder it's fairly obvious and fairly easy to get it to work. You can then buy a cheaper clutch master cylinder off ebay which will work just fine. Just give me a shout if you want to know more :P
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

SV1000 clutch bits fit Miz
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable