Bike check

General spannery stuff
Ayupwesty
On the Road

Bike check

Post by Ayupwesty »

Hi,
Going to check over my new purchase at the weekend,
Year 2000 raptor 1000cc completely standard as far as I can see.
Are there any common faults I should be checking for and any modifications I should be doing at the same time?
Thanks for your help
nickst4
On the Road

Re: Bike check

Post by nickst4 »

I'd say the Raptor 1K is a pretty solid bike, without any particular Achilles heel. Obviously you'll be checking the usual consumables (chain, sprockets, tyres etc) and bear in mind that some bikes have had to endure the antics of the mono-wheeling type of rider, so the forks may be leaking. Beyond that, it will probably come down to personal taste (long legs are definitely not needed!) and whether you feel the suspension is acceptable. Suzuki power is refined and reliable IMO.

Someone will now call me a liar and point out all the problems they've had! :nod:

Nick
Ayupwesty
On the Road

Post by Ayupwesty »

:D thanks Nick, sounds good!
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Just ride it for a few weeks or so and see what comes up and hopefully someone on here can point you in the right direction.
Nothing overly common in issues with them, pretty solid all round but depends what you want from it.
I have had mine nearly 14 years and others have done monster miles on them so we have most things covered.
Main thing is.........ENJOY !
nil illigitimae carborundum
Ayupwesty
On the Road

Post by Ayupwesty »

Ok great, I’m looking forward to getting out on her, and getting her all sorted for the summer!
Cheers