Main relay switch

General spannery stuff
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Main relay switch

Post by shebee »

As you may know, the standard (yellow) master relay is not a standard car one.

Some time ago we modified my raptor to take the standard ones as available in Halfords after a failure on a holiday weekend! We have just had the same problem on the Navigator and it reminded me to post the fix!
raptor relay 4.jpg
raptor relay 4.jpg (44 KiB) Viewed 1965 times

I was going to put the wire colours on the pictures but the ones on the Navi bore no resemblance to the ones in the manual so rather than confuse things i have left them off!

Basically the cagiva relay switches all the connections on or off, the standard car ones switch between 2 sets of connections
raptor relay 1.jpg
raptor relay 1.jpg (144.98 KiB) Viewed 1967 times

In order to be able to use the standard car relay you need to connect the wires that go to the 2 ‘87’ terminals together so when the relay switches it powers everything up. You can still use the cagiva type relay if you want to so any future owner wont be confused or snookered.

The terminals in the relay base are not the usual ones so our plan to replace with a new one with all the wires connected wasn’t viable so we cut and linked the wires that originally ran to the center pin (87a) into the top ‘87’

This all sounds complicated but it’s relatively simple. Any questions please ask! :dance:
Attachments
raptor relay 2.jpg
raptor relay 2.jpg (160.63 KiB) Viewed 1967 times
Twisted Tequila Sister
nickst4
On the Road

Re: Main relay switch

Post by nickst4 »

Clever stuff! Well done... :thumbsup:

Nick