Aftermarket clocks

General spannery stuff
Glitch
On the Road

Aftermarket clocks

Post by Glitch »

Hi all,
I’ve been reading many posts where members have been looking into replacing their speedos. There are a few that have posted pictures but know technical details.

I’m not sure what is required by the ECU to allow the bike to run. I performed a little experiment where I disconnected the clock...... it made the bike unrideable.

If you have any info on the mountain I’m about to climb I would be most grateful.

Cheers in advance
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: Aftermarket clocks

Post by Crap Tartan »

I fitted an aftermarket set of clocks made by koso
They worked and most functions were fine but some didn’t, it was more than 10 years ago after I smashed my bike and I fitted the koso ones to get me back on road.
I can’t remember exactly what was working or not but the wiring up was pretty straight forward in line with the original clicks and wiring.
Try a search on here for koso clocks as I may have put up information way back then when I done it?

HTH
nil illigitimae carborundum
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Just did an eBay search and think it was koso RX1N model ones I fitted
nil illigitimae carborundum
Glitch
On the Road

Post by Glitch »

Cheers Crap Tartan, will have a look.
I was just interested to see if anyone had any issues I fitting one. I can get the wiring diagrams for the clock inputs so all should be straight forward.
Just need to see if I can get a cheap female connection as I done really want to hack the harness about!