Master cylinder reservoir

General spannery stuff
nickst4
On the Road

Master cylinder reservoir

Post by nickst4 »

A few years ago, I had a dreadful toppling of bikes in the garage and one of the casualties was the front brake master cylinder of the Raptor 1K. The outlet spout broke, but I managed to sleeve it and cement it back in place, and it lasted a long time. Recently, some fluid in the area turned out not to me being clumsy with filling the reservoir but rather leakage from the repair.

Not knowing what might be out there in the way of replacements, I was surprised to find the following on ebay/UK:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Univers-Moto ... 2749.l2649

It looked to be identical to the original, but what was odd was that the exact same picture was shown in the listings at almost three times the price. Anyway, I've just received the above item and it looks spot-on, complete with lid and sealing bellows, the only minor difference being the lack of a metal sleeve in the mounting hole to prevent over-tightening and cracking of the plastic. Not a problem to cope with that, and I've just ordered a spare too! :nod:

Hope this is of interest...

Nick
sidrat
On the Road

Re: Master cylinder reservoir

Post by sidrat »

Life is sometimes good to us :mrgreen:
Roadsters are me!
nickst4
On the Road

Re: Master cylinder reservoir

Post by nickst4 »

OK, let me mention one aspect of this cheap reservoir which is not good.

The internal volume-compensation bellows has been made from stiff vinyl that could never move as freely as the OEM rubber one. Since the lid and thread are identical to the original, it's just a matter of swapping them and the bellows over, so don't bin the old one too soon!.

Naturally, I shall keep a close watch on the new reservoir to see if it has any other problems. So long as it doesn't split/leak, I'm happy to use it. :nod:

Nick