Buell & Italian Motorcycle Festival 25-05-15

Do your planning here, and let us know how it went!
Chris Jessop
On the Road

Buell & Italian Motorcycle Festival 25-05-15

Post by Chris Jessop »

Bank Holiday Monday 25th May, UKBEG 12th Emma Radford Memorial Buell & Italian Motorcycle Festival

Raptor owners are once again invited to our annual event. I realise you have an event at East Kirkby in July but some of you may be local enough to attend this event on a day visit basis.

UKBEG’s main event runs from 10.00 am until late afternoon and the admission price for motorcyclists and pillion passengers is £8.00 per adult.

The normal admission price for members of the general public will be: Adult- £12.00, Senior- £12.00, Child (10-15yrs) - £4.00, Under 10's free.

Unfortunately Erik Buell Racing won’t be able to attend this year but we do have the Vincent Owners Club as our special guests.

Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre (LAHC)
East Kirkby
Spilsby
Lincolnshire
PE23 4DE

LAHC web site showing their location plus details of their Bank Holiday Monday event: http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/events/S ... chines.htm

Provisional timetable:
11am- Avro Lancaster taxi-run
12.00- M36 Jackson tank destroyer - LIVE TANK FIRING
1.30pm- Avro Lancaster taxi- run
2.30pm- M36 Jackson tank destroyer - LIVE TANK FIRING
3.00pm- Flying displays including BBMF Avro Lancaster, P51 Mustang and B17 Flying Fortress (weather dependant)
4.00pm- Avro Lancaster taxi-run
Chris Jessop
Buell S1 Lightning
Buell XB12X Ulysses
Guzzi Breva V1100
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Buell & Italian Motorcycle Festival 25-05-15

Post by shebee »

Thanks for the invite Chris.

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister
Chris Jessop
On the Road

Post by Chris Jessop »

Reminder that we're fast approaching UKBEG's main event on Bank Holiday Monday 25th May. Full details for the event appear above.

In addition to Buell and Italian motorcycles we have military vehicles, a M36 Jackson Tank Destroyer plus P-51 Mustang and B17 Flying Fortress flying displays.
Chris Jessop
Buell S1 Lightning
Buell XB12X Ulysses
Guzzi Breva V1100
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Ooph, I hope some of you go, and take lots of pix please.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Not this year I'm afraid. :(
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Nor me. I'm afraid. Bikes still broken and the other half is up in Scotland with his buddies.

The change to a Bank Holiday Monday caused us issues with the kids last year, so much easier to organise a short weekend previously.
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Chris Jessop
On the Road

Post by Chris Jessop »

Regular visitors to this event will be familiar with the set up but if it’s your first visit here’s how we run it:

Upon arrival all motorcycles will be directed to a separate entrance which is accessed around the back of the main hanger. That’s where Jane and I will be located; riders and pillion passengers pay £8.00 per person. Part of this money goes to Emma’s Charity, the Papworth Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Unit.

Please try to have the correct money available, it makes things a lot easier for us and speeds up your entry. Thank you :D .....

If you’re not coming on two wheels you’ll have to park your vehicle in the main car park. The admission price for the general public is £12.00 per person, so after you've parked up don’t walk down to the public entrance where you’ll have to pay full price, walk around to our motorcycle entrance where you’ll pay £8.00.

Timetable for Monday 25th May:
11.00am- Lancaster taxi-run
12.00 noon- LIVE M36 Jackson Tank Firing and pyrotechnics
12.15pm- Sarah-Jane Performance
12.45pm- Remembrance Service in the Chapel
1.30pm- Lancaster taxi- run
1.50pm- LIVE M36 Jackson Tank Firing and pyrotechnics
2.00pm- Mustang flying display
2.30pm- B17 flying display
3.00pm- BBMF Lancaster flying display (replaced with Dakota if BBMF Lanc is U/S)
3.15pm- Sarah-Jane Performance
4.00pm- Lancaster taxi-run
Chris Jessop
Buell S1 Lightning
Buell XB12X Ulysses
Guzzi Breva V1100
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Don't know if I can get down this year. I went to Scotland last weekend and that used up my disposable income for May. Would like to go as I know some mates are going, it's a great days ride out, and there will be some tank firing as well as the aircraft displays!

The Cagiva is still off the road unfortunately so I'm riding my BMW 'Winter bike' for the time being. The Rap probably won't see the road this year unfortunately. :(
raptor996
On the Road

Post by raptor996 »

Image just me then :( more pics to follow
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Hope you had a nice time as our official representative x

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister
Chris Jessop
On the Road

Post by Chris Jessop »

We'd like to thank everyone who attended yesterday's Buell & Italian Motorcycle Festival; your support is very much appreciated. We raised £366 for Emma's Charity, the Papworth Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Unit.

There were approx. 200 motorcycles at the event which included over 100 Italian models.

Thanks for coming raptor996 :thumbsup:.....
Chris Jessop
Buell S1 Lightning
Buell XB12X Ulysses
Guzzi Breva V1100
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Yeah and thanks for taking the pix raptor996, great to see (what I guess is) your bike.

I love the silver bolt heads on a black engine, looks badass, was it the resurgent Triumph speed triples that came with them? Anyway, something Black Stig would approve of! Black Stig was way cooler than White Stig IMHO.
raptor996
On the Road

Post by raptor996 »

Yes that's me ! It was a great day out , a longish ride . 250 miles round trip. My daughters live only a few miles from Kirkby so had cupa there & a thor out as it was a bit chilly. A good turn out of Italian exotica a host of Buells & a dozen plus Vincent's. The Lancaster is always worth watching start up even if it can't fly !
raptor996
On the Road

Post by raptor996 »

I painted the engine black as the usual paint flaking had ocured ,so a quick tidy up was needed. I always liked the look of the early tl engines so copied that. It's holding up so far.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

A decent ride AND a bike show, sounds like a great day out. It's funny, I never did seem to see many TLs around, but I was living in central Sydney around then and that's a rotten place to own a big bike, as my Firestorm proved.