New member from Devon

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
motojohn
On the Road

New member from Devon

Post by motojohn »

soon to be the new owner of this beast looking forward to it
Last edited by motojohn on |April 23rd, 2019|, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snapdragon

Re: New member from Devon

Post by snapdragon »

Oooh shiny 😀
Welcome to the forum :ride:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Very nice... enjoy :revrev:
Twisted Tequila Sister
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Welcome MJ!

I saw that one on ebay and thought the high exhausts (despite the extra pipery) balanced the droop-snoot rather well. Enjoy! :ride:

Nick
motojohn
On the Road

Post by motojohn »

you are right about the pipes , they do look to high, but i think it is more to do with the camera angle i have not seen the bike in the flesh yet so time will tell , looking forward to playing with it
Ayupwesty
On the Road

Post by Ayupwesty »

Looks like it’s been well looked after, very nice!
motojohn
On the Road

Post by motojohn »

picked up the bike last night , very fast and very loud , the rear shock is very soft and bouncy !! and the rear brake is next to useless , going o look a a shock replacement and mounting plates to rase the back end up a bit but nor sure how high to go as they start from 20mm to 35mm raise
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

MJ:

Be careful about shock replacement and raising the shock linkage. :nod:

If you opt for an adjustable shock such as the oft-mentioned Aprilia one (and I have two sitting in my shed awaiting a new owner since I got a Matris shock custom-made), you'll likely find that the commercially-available linkages don't allow room for the adjuster boss at the base of the shock. It's no big deal to make your own linkages though, given you can work with plate metal (mine are steel) and drill accurate holes.

Nick
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

and the rear brake is next to useless
Possibly just needs bleeding - they're a right faff to do. You need to remove the caliper off it's mounting plate and ensure it's above the height of the master cylinder. I've also had the master cylinder piston seize which either requires a good clean or replacing - not too expensive from what I recall. 30 sovs or so.
going o look a a shock replacement and mounting plates to rase the back end up a bit
After I replaced just the shock, which was like yours soft & gave a saggy rear end (oo er), the ride height improved noticeably and the handling to suit. I'm not sure it really benefits from raising.

The cheaper option, of course, is to lower the forks but beware the old slappers.. :shock:
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

In fact I've just noticed your fork sliders are gold... Are they the original forks or has a previous owner had them replated along with other internal mods perhaps?

The forks are known to be of basic ability and a couple of us have replaced the internals with fully adjustable catridges from Matris. They help a lot.

Give us time and we'll soon be emptying your bank with further suggestions :D