Work Over Christmas

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000

Moderators: snapdragon, shebee, Moderators

sidrat
On the Road

Work Over Christmas

Post by sidrat »

I have attached the L brackets and grab rail for the Ventura luggage, i have a rack also. To keep the seat cover on i had to place a couple of small washers under the locking mechanism.
ventura.JPG
ventura.JPG (56.95 KiB) Viewed 266 times
I took the forks apart and changed the oil to 5W along with putting a 10mm spacer at the top and bottom to increase the ride height/reduce the sag.
forks.JPG
forks.JPG (46.85 KiB) Viewed 266 times
Finally i have fitted a very low mileage Falco shock. I had already put some trianges to raise the ride height and this takes it to the next level. I have slackened off the spring rate as it was too hard.
falco.JPG
falco.JPG (36.27 KiB) Viewed 266 times
So now just looking for some good weather to try it all out!
Roadsters are me!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Work Over Christmas

Post by shebee »

Well done... very productive... we came to the conclusion that sharing a shed is not the best idea... my woodwork swarf, his kiln and casting kit all in a small space is potentially a fire bomb... so come the spring I’m building a new shed for me! :mrgreen:
Twisted Tequila Sister
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Hi Shebs,

Funny you should mention mixed-craft accoms as just today I've been trying to find a bit of space in the dirty workshop for Dianne to try wood-carving again. She was good at it years ago before her career got in the way. I've promised I won't get angry if there's wood chips everywhere! It's not as if I'm a tidy worker... :lol:

Happy New year, by the way,

Nick
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

ok, so 150 miles out on the Raptor on Saturday, scrubbed in a new rear tyre.

This is what i found. I hate the new bars so are going back to the old ones. It also means i havn't really tested the change to the front as i could not get comfortable, my only positive note is that i didn't notice it so that may be a good sign!.

As for the rear, its awful!!!!! To recap i have replaced the shock with a Falco one and kept the new trianges for ride height, up 25mm, So with the Falco shock its raised the height again.

I have set the spring on the shock to its softest position, but i was getting thrown out of the saddle over bumps, it was way too hard. I had left the combined damping/rebound on the setting it came with, about halfway, so i wonder if the geometry of the triangles and the new shock is not compatible??

I have reverted back to the original trianges, and reduced the rebound/compression (and taken off the the platform boots from the sidestand!!!)

I will try and get out this week to see how it rides, but any feedback is welcome.

Finally any idea what the speedo will read flat out in top gear?
Roadsters are me!