Grab Rail Naked Raptor 1000

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
dirtydog
On the Road

Re: Grab Rail Naked Raptor 1000

Post by dirtydog »

If you want I could pop down the local metal works place and see how much it would cost for them to fabricate a rail using mine as a template, got a powder coating place around the corner to so could even get it coated for you
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

That would be certainly top banana DD :mrgreen:
As long as it works out cheaper than all the ones I've seen for them, it would be most helpful :D
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

how much are the ones you've seen? Just so I know what i'm aiming for.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

reciept I have for mine came to £102!!
Hepco and whatnot, and Venturer racks are almost double if not more
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

dizzyblonde
prices from the previous link, Ventura brackets £99.98, grab rail £20.42

So total of £120.40 :)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

:oops: dunno what the feck I was looking at then, but I am allowed a blonde pregnant moment :lol:
Either way, they ain't cheap, I can get almost three renntecs for that off ebay for the SVs!
Yes, I'm Northern, and yes I'm a stingy git :D

Thanks Snapdragon
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

I'll hopefully have time next week to get down a fabricators place, i'm thinking it cant be that expensive to make after all it's just a 22mm steel tube that's been bent and a couple of bits welded on. Hell I could probably make one out of copper (my pipe benders only do copper :wink: ) but I doubt it would be very strong :lol:
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Hiya all,

I have this

tucked away in the back of the garage, I always seem to have the Ventura fitted to mine, so would be prepared to let this go for £45 collected from Derby, or I can parcel it up and get a price for the postage.
152/999
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Well can't let that offer go to waste! So meeeee please :D
Funny, I'm supposed to have someone collect my Vrap from Derby at some point this week, from the dealers. Could attempt an arrangement to pick this up too?.
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

Miz wrote:55 years agoHiya all,

I have this

tucked away in the back of the garage, I always seem to have the Ventura fitted to mine, so would be prepared to let this go for £45 collected from Derby, or I can parcel it up and get a price for the postage.

Is the foot included in the sale? :wink:
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Thanks Miz 8)
Got the bike back, so went to attach rail as soon as Pete got home, took the four bolts off, undertray fell onto the hugger with the weight of all the fuses and wiring, although still attached somewhere near the battery end :shock:
The back ends been tidied somewhat! Only to find the original four bolts are too short for the rail too....bolted back together until this aft when I pop down to the fastener place.

That'll teach me to be eager. :(
Dunno where the other half has been but there was a pair of Viper sports with plenty of life for my riding, hes only ridden it 200 miles and hes killed the rear off! Good job I wanted a pair of Avon Storms on it anyway.
Bfef
On the Road

Post by Bfef »

Hi dirtydog, I would also be interested in a "pattern" grab rail if you get the opportunity to have the fabricators look at yours. Please PM me if anything comes of it! :D
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

Hi sorry not had a chance to do anything about this yet but will do in the next couple of weeks
sneezer
On the Road

Post by sneezer »

hi
yes i would be interested in one too
on the search for better weather
HydE
On the Road

Post by HydE »

Hello,

i just revived my ride again, got the blinkers working, new seat and replacement speedo. now im looking for next upgrade and im eyeballing some rear case mounts/ grab rail etc. i remember one of the members here mentioning one of the SVs racks. or the classic ventura and hepco items. is any of that still accesible somewhere, anyone got any spares to sell?

cheers
HydE