Old topic - rear shock sizes

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Boofhead
On the Road

Old topic - rear shock sizes

Post by Boofhead »

G'day all,

I just need clarification on rear shock sizes before I hand over my hard earned cash to get a new one. I was thinking of getting Bitubo or Hagon.

From what I understand the shocky lengths eye to eye are as follows
(please correct me if I’m wrong)

• Raptor = 312mm
• V Raptor = 312mm
• X Raptor = 317mm

What I’m even less sure about is. Do the shocks remain the same between the years?
My bikes build year is 2005, however most parts only ever advertise that they fit 2001-2003.

I need to quickly slap my bike back together to ride to Phillip Island MotoGP at the end of the year and would like to have the rear sorted well before then especially because the rear is RSV. If there are any hassles with that set up, I’ll just bang the standard swingarm back in with the new shock for now.

Front end is all good as it’s GSXR K4 re-valved etc, I only have to get some brake lines made.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Boofhead
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Re: Old topic - rear shock sizes

Post by Trevor68 »

Hi,

I have been eyeing off the bitubo shocks too, though my Raptor 1K is stock. Nice front end, I have been considering what to do with mine as it is both leaking and crap.
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Boofhead wrote: 4 years ago What I’m even less sure about is. Do the shocks remain the same between the years?
My bikes build year is 2005, however most parts only ever advertise that they fit 2001-2003.
I don't think there is any difference between model years or between std Raptor and V-Raptor.
Xtra-Raptor has better suspensions.
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
Trevor68
Web Dude

Post by Trevor68 »

I ended up ordering this, I have asked them to make it 315mm just to giver her a bit of a bumlift. :D

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Amortisseur ... 1438.l2649
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Yep, that's I went for as well and IMO it's proved a real good buy. The rebound adjustment does actually make a difference :)

It's been on for nearly 3 years now, used 60 miles daily, and it's only just showing signs of it's damping feeing tired. It's all getting a little abrupt and allowing the firmness of the spring to get through :pinch:

As it is rebuild-able I should get it done before the winter...
Trevor68
Web Dude

Post by Trevor68 »

Yes, that's why I chose Wilbers, most decent shock places know them and can rebuild them.