frame paint

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Bev0702
On the Road

frame paint

Post by Bev0702 »

hi, can anyone tell me the paint code for the frame on 03 raptor 1000, plastics are red. If no paint code has anyone found a good match elsewhere? What would you recommend please?
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: frame paint

Post by shebee »

If you search for paint code this comes up
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1880&p=11905&hilit=rosso#p11905
HTH
Twisted Tequila Sister
Motoguzzigriso1200
On the Road

Post by Motoguzzigriso1200 »

I took mine to local car paint supplies shop In Bolsover and got them to colour match and made up 2 aerosol cans ,perfect match.colour was fiat fasce 3 grisio opaco
gilbert666
On the Road

Post by gilbert666 »

I order here:

https://www.rsbikepaint.com/fr-fr/colou ... dyear=2000

just select your bike, and It will find all the color you need!
My vraptor was painted as new with this, no difference between genuine color and the new one.
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Re RS bike paint, you've had more luck than me! I spent a small fortune on a pearlescent white for a Morini Dart and it never matched the original. I also used them for a Cagiva Gran Canyon silver and despite them having two goes at it, it doesn't match the original Avio Silver.

Talking of Morinis, a 1200cc Scrambler now sits in my garage being fettled! Awesome engine, being a re-tuned version of the lump in their impressive Corsaro. Alan Cathcart (A UK moto-journalist of renown) said that Morini showed Ducati how it should be done in the engine department. High praise indeed!

Nick