F1 Error

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Re: F1 Error

Post by Trevor68 »

Seems like it was yet another Main Relay, at least I have had no repeats since I changed it a few weeks back
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Good news Trevor, and also to see there's still life in the forum! Been awful quiet for a while... :shock:

I really must extricate my 1k from the depths of the garage, get some fresh tyres on it and enjoy it as ever. I've been re-commissioning Gilera NordWests for a while, and also getting the nice Cagiva Canyon 500 tested and legal. I wish I had a bigger garage so all the dozen bikes were available easily, but I know what would happen if I had space to spare! :lol:

Nick
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Glad to hear you found the problem :thumbsup:
Twisted Tequila Sister
Trevor68
Web Dude

F1 Error

Post by Trevor68 »

Back again, but now we know it is low voltage that is the problem, if we supply 12V from an external source she fires up instantly.

“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
Trevor68
Web Dude

F1 Error

Post by Trevor68 »

Found it, loose spade connector about 15cm upstream from the coils, she lives to fight another day. :tada:

sidrat
On the Road

F1 Error

Post by sidrat »

Good news and i like the legs crossed pose when you start it!!!

Looks like you are crossing your figures and hoping!
Roadsters are me!
andybaggies
On the Road

F1 Error

Post by andybaggies »

Trevor68 wrote: 1 year ago Found it, loose spade connector about 15cm upstream from the coils, she lives to fight another day.
Splendid! glad you found it cus intermittent electricals are real pains to find.

Was the connector supplying a 12v feed to the coil(s) & would it be possible to give a description/photo of where exactly the offending connector is?
Trevor68
Web Dude

F1 Error

Post by Trevor68 »

yes it is the common 12v supply to both coils, it was bundled up in a bunch of wires near your right knee, behind the frame.
andybaggies
On the Road

F1 Error

Post by andybaggies »

:thumbsup: thanks Trevor... I'll have a look next time I'm working on him. I'll be doing the valve clearance at some point so that would be an ideal time.

The reason for asking is although I haven't had any error codes I've had him very occasionally running on one when starting in the morning especially if the previous ride was in the wet. Usually a wd40 drowning in & around the coils clears it but it might be worth while checking this connection just in case.

Andy B