Raptor frame paint code

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Pseward
On the Road

Raptor frame paint code

Post by Pseward »

Does anyone know the paint code/name for the Raptor frames, just about to buy one that needs the footrest hangers repainted ?
TIA
Pete
sidrat
On the Road

Re: Raptor frame paint code

Post by sidrat »

We all need the footrest hangers repainted, almost half of them i see are now a differnet colour!

If you search there are lots of posts on here for colour codes.
Roadsters are me!
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

I'd say get those footrest hangers blast-stripped and powder-coated in whatever colour you fancy! I had mine done in what looks amazingly like polished alloy, and it gives the back of the bike a nice visual lift without looking gaudy (there are pics on here somewhere). I don't think you could get the same effect by actually polishing the castings because it would take forever to smooth them out, quite apart from the metal subsequently going dull again in a month or two.

I got mine done in Maldon, Essex, for approx £50 the pair, which I thought was a good deal.

Nick
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

Nick, have you got a piccy of them?
Roadsters are me!
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Sorry Sid, I looked for a pic before and didn't seem to have posted one here before. I'm away in Scotia for 3 weeks (in the camper-van, not on the Raptor) so can dig one out to send you when I get back, if that's any help.

Nick
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

...however, if you look at my post on 'footrest position', you can see details of the hangers powder-coated in the polished alloy finish. It is very convincing. I've laid some clear self-adhesive vinyl over those bits most likely to be scratched.

https://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewto ... =14&t=5248

By the way, the marks you may notice are just road dirt: the finish was and is immaculate. To polish the original castings to give such an effect would take forever.

Nick