air fuel sensor

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
asdean
On the Road

air fuel sensor

Post by asdean »

I have recently purchase a Bosch air fuel wide band sensor and display and was wondering if any-one has fitted one to a 650 raptor.
It is supposed to be fitted depending upon sites 18 to 24 " past the exhaust port.
This pretty much puts it at the balance pipe join and its very hard to see a point that will meet the +/- 60 degrees from vertical requirement.
Trying to solve a mostly second gear under 3/4 acceleration "lean out" hesitation 4500 to 5000 rpm that is worse when cold,
any thoughts, it wasn't there two years ago.
cheers
AL
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Re: air fuel sensor

Post by Aussiejoe »

To me it sounds like something to do with a wiring connection from the gear position sensor. Suzuki retarded the timing in the lower gears to get past ride by noise tests at around the rpm your bike is having problems. Maybe a TRE(timing retard eliminator) might solve the problem. Do you have a power commander, as you're not going to be able to adjust the air/fuel mixture anyway unless you have one or something similar.
asdean
On the Road

Re: air fuel sensor

Post by asdean »

Thanks Aussie Joe,
No I do not have a TRE, and I never thought about an electrical issue, thanks again, something to consider I think I need to research TRE's,
Cheers
Al