KPH speedo needed for Raptor 650

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
Grandrupt

KPH speedo needed for Raptor 650

Post by Grandrupt »

Hi, new to the Chapter. I'm trying to locate a speedo for my Raptor 650 2001 model, or to be more precise, get a speedo which registers KPH. Mine currently reads in MPH but I'm now living in France and trying to jump through all the hoops necessary to get it registered here. Anyone want to swop for the other way round??? It's got to be in full working order. Or does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative speedo. Any help, suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Re: KPH speedo needed for Raptor 650

Post by Aussiejoe »

You need a speedohealer mate. I've used one to calibrate a 1000 speedo on my 2001 650 and also used it to convert a mph speedo to km/h. https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/sh
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

I second AussieJoe's opinion. Of course, the speedo will still tell you it's in mph despite the numerical correction, but that's no big deal*. In fact the speedo on my Raptor 1K has always told me the correct numbers are actually in kph, despite it being a proper UK-registered bike. Not really worth worrying about, especially since people have suggested that you need to modify the circuit board in the speedo to change it.

I fitted a speedo healer to my Morini 1200 Scrambler because the mph numbers were rather optimistic when I got it. I know it's a powerful machine, but didn't believe I'd got to illegal speeds quite so easily! The healer did the job very well, not that I remember how you calibrate it! :?

Nick, UK

*Of course, the French authorities might take a different view...
bazzywazz
On the Road

Post by bazzywazz »

I'm pretty sure on the 650 you could switch from mph to kph somehow.
Try holding down the trip reset button while you turn on the ignition.
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

bazzywazz wrote: 3 years ago I'm pretty sure on the 650 you could switch from mph to kph somehow.
That doesn't work on my 650ie, insofar as the dash still says 'mph'. I'm not about to ride it through the layers of mud on the local road to find out if the numbers look to have changed!

Nick
Grandrupt

Post by Grandrupt »

Hey guys, thanks for the replies and suggestions. Unfortunately I've got to satisfy the authorities, and the speedo has to have kph actually on it. Question now is; has anyone tried to fit a Suzuki SV one to the Raptor?? - it looks pretty similar. Thanks
Dante
On the Road

Post by Dante »

bazzywazz wrote: 3 years ago I'm pretty sure on the 650 you could switch from mph to kph somehow.
That actually worked on my 650ie 2006 model.I found out about it while messing with the tacho one day.
Long pressing the trip reset button,while you have the odometer indication on the tacho (not the trip values),switches between mph and kph.