Suspension set up on xrap

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
Dapper dan
On the Road

Suspension set up on xrap

Post by Dapper dan »

Hi..I've been piling through old threads etc...looking for a heads up on setting up the suspension.

The bike I'd feeling a bit weavy :suspect: :pinch: going through the corners...just wondering what to tighten up on the rear shock...and what to turn on the front forks.....

What set up do you use and what's standard? ???

:suspect:
You can always earn more money, you cant earn more time! :thumbsup:
andybaggies
On the Road

Re: Suspension set up on xrap

Post by andybaggies »

Can't give any advice on the settings but make sure all of the basic stuff is correct i.e. no wobbly wheel or head bearings, tyre age, condition & pressures and finally front & rear sag & ride height.

The latter is surprisingly important as after fitting new tyres my bike had a gentle weave at high speed which was (pretty much) sorted by raising the front ride height back to standard.

Weave in corners is often attributed to lack of rear rebound damping.
Dapper dan
On the Road

Post by Dapper dan »

Thanks for the reply.....loads of variables to go through then....
Will start with the rear shock and twiddle with the adjuster...I luckily live on a great twisty road so a bit of a fettle and I'll give it a go!......👌
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Dapper dan wrote: 6 years ago Thanks for the reply.....loads of variables to go through then....
Will start with the rear shock and twiddle with the adjuster...I luckily live on a great twisty road so a bit of a fettle and I'll give it a go!......👌
If you download the owners manual from here before you start "twiddling" you could reset everything to factory settings, and also check that both forks are set to the same settings. More importantly, before you start, make sure you are running correct tyre pressures, tyres fitted correctly, and that they are showing even wear, also check wheel alignment and bearings in wheels and swinging arm.
152/999
Dapper dan
On the Road

Post by Dapper dan »

Hi Miz...

Thanks for the heads up on the bikes manual....I've not got one so will be great to look at it.

Will reset to standard and check other items on the list! 😉