Cagiva Raptor 1000 for sale.

Buy or sell it here.
Please note that due to abuse by commercial traders and spammers/trolls New members of the chapter are unable to post in this section until they have made 5 posts elsewhere.... sorry ... see you in the Bar?
ctrr
On the Road

Re: Cagiva Raptor 1000 for sale.

Post by ctrr »

nickst4 wrote: 2 years ago Sheebs, you are downsizing! Aren't you going to miss the agricultural feel of your Hardly Ferguson?

ctrr: may I be bold and suggest your price for your Raptor is a tad optimistic, especially since it is cosmetically challenged? The prices of Raptors on ebay seem to have climbed a lot recently, and they often stay there too. Whatever, good luck!

Nick
I hear you Nick and that's the reason I have mentioned I will consider an offer.
I too have noticed the (asking) price rise and there's one on Autotrader I saw 2 days ago in very similar condition to mine but with only 3500 miles (1000 miles less than mine) and apparently only one owner from new, been off the road for 14 years and they're asking £4200.
Looking closely at the photos, cosmetically worse than mine in several areas!
ctrr
On the Road

Post by ctrr »

For those that haven't seen my other advert on gtree and don't know....I'd like to get £3200 or close offer but will consider doing a deal for either an older HD Sportster, an enduro/trail bike (400cc+) or a rhd pre-1981 pickup truck.
raptor996
On the Road

Post by raptor996 »

Unfortunately I have to sell my 1150 gs before I can make any offer. Good luck with the sale.
ctrr
On the Road

Post by ctrr »

raptor996 wrote: 2 years ago Unfortunately I have to sell my 1150 gs before I can make any offer. Good luck with the sale.
Details please!
Year, mileage and how much you looking to get for it?
Thanks
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

ctrr wrote: 2 years ago
Thanks shebee...it sure is a painful process!
What HD are you selling? (year and model?)
1992 FXSTS, Softail Springer. Had it since 1997 :shock:
Twisted Tequila Sister
ctrr
On the Road

Post by ctrr »

shebee wrote: 2 years ago
ctrr wrote: 2 years ago
Thanks shebee...it sure is a painful process!
What HD are you selling? (year and model?)
1992 FXSTS, Softail Springer. Had it since 1997 :shock:
Not sure I'd be selling that bike if I was you but you obviously have your reasons.
I owned a 1999 FLSTC.
Good old reliable carb'd engine and mine was the last year the Evo motor was fitted to the softails, which had all the improvements made by the factory during it's production development.
shebee
Site Admin

Post by shebee »

35097D19-644B-4128-9FBA-6DA1AE803303.jpeg
35097D19-644B-4128-9FBA-6DA1AE803303.jpeg (170.23 KiB) Viewed 3311 times
Scruffy as anything, and so not easy to sell but now too big and heavy for me to do it credit. Getting old sucks sometimes! :angry:

19” front as I was running out of tyre on the original 21”. performance machine rear disc and calliper super e carb and filter s&s oil pump ev27 cam (i think it was that one, it was 20+ years ago) . Engine paint and chrome flaky ,weeping base gasket and slightly gritty front wheel bearing . Huge fun if you take half a brain cell out and treat it like a (heavy, long wheelbase) sports bike! I did once ride under a Ducati on nice sweeping bend in the local twisties when he was flapping about... I’ve told everyone I don’t suppose he has told anyone! :woot:
Twisted Tequila Sister
ctrr
On the Road

Post by ctrr »

shebee...I've sent you a PM
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Sheebs,

Is that front fork standard on that model? Looks very custom retro to me! Just curious...

Nick
shebee
Site Admin

Post by shebee »

nickst4 wrote: 2 years ago Sheebs,

Is that front fork standard on that model? Looks very custom retro to me! Just curious...

Nick
Yep, the front end is as she came from the factory... its an advancement on the original springer in that it actually has a hydraulic damper, the 1940’s version just had cork (I think) plates. :woot:

Sorry Ctrr.... :focus:
Twisted Tequila Sister