Latest look!

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Latest look!

Post by Crap Tartan »

Well heres the bike ready for the season.
A few new bits and some changes/mods. Its a neverending process......................

Hers whats changed;
carbon front mudguard (R1)
Black organic (ish) forks
shiny brake covers
extra layer carbon screen
cruise control
moto gp hand grips
black renthal high road bars
gear indicator (acumen)
Xraptor style exclusivity badge!!! lol
New SV1000 belly pan (thanks to Wierdo for brackets)
Modded TLS air intakes
More mods to GP style exhausts
black folding pegs
seat reshaped
raptor skin rear sear hump (well its probably snake embossed vinyl material)
personal number plate
front yokes de-seamed and now black

Probably missed some other things but wtf!!!

Comments welcome (dont take the piss too much tho` !?!!??)
nil illigitimae carborundum
snapdragon

Re: Latest look!

Post by snapdragon »

CT you are SUCH a Tart :nod:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Damn that looks nice mate, you have been busy :thumbsup: i have to ask if you noticed any difference with tl air tubes and have you tuned with tl map . :toocool: I love that first pic rear profile shot
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

Thanks but not noticed any differance with changes and dont have a pc fitted anyway.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

What's the cruise control for?

Is it because you're old?

:whistle: :jason:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years agoWhat's the cruise control for?

Is it because you're old?

:whistle: :jason:
Actually Dizz, its so I can whizz about with no hands and the throttle doesnt drop!!!

But yes, I am old..................................... :naughty:
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Pulling legs :surrender:

Joking aside, I have heard it to be a good tool to have on long distance, if you are weak of wrist, or prone to get hand cramps.
It always bugs me that I can't take that hand off for a bit of restbite, like I do the other.
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

Exactly!!! (and no offence taken btw, u know me, very thick skinned!)

They are great for just that and dont cost that much either and are foolproof
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

That's one to save for later questions. Easy and cheap and fool proof.
Pete rides with a smashed throttle hand. Two fingers control. Most likely a candidate for one in a few years, or sooner.
We're already looking for a car with cruise control, as auto is no longer as easy as it used to be on his leg.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

My, you have been busy, looking good, mate!

Was the mudguard easy to adjust/fit? I'm fed up of cracked spindles, after fixing one side eleventy billion times it now seems I've to continue the process on the other side...
The sleek back end looks mint, but mine is very similar, so I would say that!
Normally I'm not a big fan of too many decals, but your bellypan looks pretty damn good, my suggestion would be to orientate the decals more consistently - yours are predominantly horizontal but with a couple following the upsweep of the pans leading edge, looks mildly odd, IMHO, but that's meant to be constructive more than criticism... Have you considered doing the snakeskin on the belly pan and side panels? Sometimes less is more!
Forks and snakeskin are great, but I'd angle the flag on snakeskin decals up at the back, rather than up at the front - but that's probably because "to my eye" the bikes lines converge at the leading point of the front wheel, although to someone else's eye I can see that it's possible the lines of the frame and swingarm converge at the rear wheel, so this is just a matter of perspective.
Double screen with chequerboard looks bloody good from the front, but is that 3 sets of bolts holding it on?
Love the air intakes, bars, exclusivity tag, matching oil cooler/rad guards, and reservoirs, where did the reservoir and guards come from?
Front brakes look trick - res, shiny covers and waveys, but back looks pretty stock, maybe consider upgrading the rear to match the front for a more consistent look next winter?

But yes, I'm impressed! :happyhappy:
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoMy, you have been busy, looking good, mate!

Was the mudguard easy to adjust/fit? I'm fed up of cracked spindles, after fixing one side eleventy billion times it now seems I've to continue the process on the other side...

The mudguard is from an R1 as is the forks so no issue with fitting!

The sleek back end looks mint, but mine is very similar, so I would say that!
Normally I'm not a big fan of too many decals, but your bellypan looks pretty damn good, my suggestion would be to orientate the decals more consistently - yours are predominantly horizontal but with a couple following the upsweep of the pans leading edge, looks mildly odd, IMHO, but that's meant to be constructive more than criticism... Have you considered doing the snakeskin on the belly pan and side panels? Sometimes less is more!

I know what you mean but I dont like it to look too organised.The bellypan gets too much road crud etc thrown at if so I didnt think it worth going that route and the side panels are CF as are many other bits so left then as they are to keep that theme.

Forks and snakeskin are great, but I'd angle the flag on snakeskin decals up at the back, rather than up at the front - but that's probably because "to my eye" the bikes lines converge at the leading point of the front wheel, although to someone else's eye I can see that it's possible the lines of the frame and swingarm converge at the rear wheel, so this is just a matter of perspective.,

The flags on the hump are there to hide the one and only join in the material so that dictated their orientation. The front forks are wrapped in heatshrink tube to fit tight and on contraction onto cold surface they form a kind of viened/muscled look. I tried lots of time to get them perfectly smooth but couldnt so deliberately exaggerated the effect for the finish as it is now.

Double screen with chequerboard looks bloody good from the front, but is that 3 sets of bolts holding it on?

Its the bikini fairing with a screen attached then another screen attached to the first screen and fairing. To make it solid and not flappy in the windrush it needs all those bolts. I need to trim them and finish that area off a bit tidier.

Love the air intakes, bars, exclusivity tag, matching oil cooler/rad guards, and reservoirs, where did the reservoir and guards come from?

Front reservoir is a Triumph billet item, rear one is a goodridge race item I picked up yonks ago, rad/cooler guards I have had on for many years, cant remember the source, bars make it even more upright and comfortable for my old and aching bones!

Front brakes look trick - res, shiny covers and waveys, but back looks pretty stock, maybe consider upgrading the rear to match the front for a more consistent look next winter?

Rear brakes are stock as I cannot get a rear wavy disc anywhere and if I cant change that dont see any advantage is changing anything else there. If I can get a rear disc then I may do something there too.

But yes, I'm impressed! :happyhappy:
edited by managing mare - does that read ok?
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

The mudguard is from an R1 as is the forks so no issue with fitting!
Ah yes, I forgot about that, of course it would be peasy!

The flags on the hump are there to hide the one and only join in the material so that dictated their orientation. The front forks are wrapped in heatshrink tube to fit tight and on contraction onto cold surface they form a kind of viened/muscled look. I tried lots of time to get them perfectly smooth but couldnt so deliberately exaggerated the effect for the finish as it is now.
I love the idea of large bore heat shrink - what size did you need, do you remember? My forks are due new fluid this year so I might attempt this soon, sounds like a fairly cheap thing to try. But I saw some of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/140898703921 at our recent Xtravaganza and I quite like this idea too!

Rear brakes are stock as I cannot get a rear wavy disc anywhere and if I cant change that dont see any advantage is changing anything else there. If I can get a rear disc then I may do something there too.
Ah yes, that's why I didn't start down the wavy road - occasionally eBay throws up a full set of 3 discs though so next time I see something I'll give you a heads up.
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

"Number One of One" ??

Wot a twat.

.....she's luverly mate :thumbsup:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

You know me too well! :thumbsup: :lol:

Cant let the xtra gang have all the exclusivity..................................
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Ooh, finally I'm in a gang! :dance: