Trying to rep the Rap.

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
03raptorincalifornia
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: https://www.facebook.com/jack.

Trying to rep the Rap.

Post by 03raptorincalifornia »

So, as far as I know, I am one of the few, or only owners of a Cagiva V-Raptor here in California. I bought it last year for the low price of $2,000 (That's £1497.85 for everyone else lol) Being that it's so rare out here, I have been spending a small fortune attempting to fix her up. It came originally with the original paint job/decals, only upgrade being a carbon fiber front wheel hugger and exhaust baffles.
It had numerous parts missing
(rear turn signal bulbs/housing, turn signal relay, left plastic fairing, rear fender, solo seat cowl, right chain tensioner, chain guard/rear wheel hugger, damaged triple tree lock, and a few other pieces).My bike was hit 3 months back by a Walmart employee and was given a settlement for $1,600 :happyhappy:
I went ahead and purchased/installed the following:
carbon fiber front turn signals, black handlebar, front brake lever, adjustable heated grips, carbon fiber side panels, Euro style (round) brake/turn signals/license light assembly, HID Kit, K&N cleanable air filter, Dynojet Power Commander USB III (installed the 2001 Suzuki TL1000s 301-703 Euro model-Bos oval slip ons, dB killers installed, Stock or aftermarket filter), carbon fiber chest and knee tank pads, Battery Tender, Beowolf coolant/oil radiator RAPTOR 1000 stainless steel covers, carbon fiber belly pan, brake rotor lock/alarm, reupholstered the seat to carbon fiber look, and a nice new jet black with metallic clear coat paint job ;)
Parts in the mail, waiting IMPATIENTLY to receive:
Battery Tender Motorcycle USB Charger Adapter, 48" x 60" 4D Professional Grade Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap (To wrap my air duct, front turn signal pods, clutch case cover, and stator cover), V-Raptor wheel/rim stickers, and mirrors.

I am on the hunt for that solo seat cowl. I saw one on eBay, which was mentioned on here and tried to coax the seller into selling to me, but had wanted me to figure out all the shipping/courier information myself, which was understandable but too much of a hassle. He sold his like new black/silver one for £91. I'm willing to spend a bit more, considering the seller would need to ship to the USA, so anyone looking to sell one or who can put me in touch with someone who has one for sale would be much appreciated!

- Jack
Attachments
Bike as of 06AUG2014
Bike as of 06AUG2014
10499396_650760658354222_1762661746814554069_o (1).jpg (255.19 KiB) Viewed 7467 times
Last edited by 03raptorincalifornia on |August 8th, 2014|, 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Jack
California Owner of the Cagiva V-Raptor 1000
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Trying to rep the Rap.

Post by shebee »

Welcome to the Asylum, and good luck with your parts hunt!

I thing you are the only raptor owner i have heard of in the USA, as Suzuki banned CAGIVA from selling them there so far as i understand it. It looks good how many miles has it got on it?

:revrev: :revrev:
Twisted Tequila Sister
03raptorincalifornia
On the Road

shebee wrote:55 years agoWelcome to the Asylum, and good luck with your parts hunt!

I thing you are the only raptor owner i have heard of in the USA, as Suzuki banned CAGIVA from selling them there so far as i understand it. It looks good how many miles has it got on it?

Thanks Shebee!

They banned Cagiva sales here?! Wow, guess I am pretty fortunate then! :) I know I've seen a few 2000 Gran Canyons here/there lol Thanks for the compliments! It currently has 64,068 KM (Not sure how to have it display in miles lol) I have had a 14T front sprocket installed, so that may also effect the mileage.
- Jack
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Welcome, 8) i paid about 4 times that ,but thats ok , they were nearly 20k here back in 2004 for the xrap. :thumbsup:
03raptorincalifornia
On the Road

ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoWelcome, 8) i paid about 4 times that ,but thats ok , they were nearly 20k here back in 2004 for the xrap. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the welcome :) Wow! £20k or $20k? Either way, that's a lot of cash! I'm basically trying to convert mine over to the Xtra, with a few extra added carbon fiber pieces lol
- Jack
shebee
Site Admin

Post by shebee »

Probably 20k Australian $? about 18.5k us$
Twisted Tequila Sister
shebee
Site Admin

Post by shebee »

03raptorincalifornia wrote:55 years ago
shebee wrote:55 years agoWelcome to the Asylum, and good luck with your parts hunt!

Thanks Shebee!

They banned Cagiva sales here?! Wow, guess I am pretty fortunate then! :) I know I've seen a few 2000 Gran Canyons here/there lol Thanks for the compliments! It currently has 64,068 KM (Not sure how to have it display in miles lol) I have had a 14T front sprocket installed, so that may also effect the mileage.
I think it was just the raptor and navigator, risk of taking Dl and TL sales?
Twisted Tequila Sister
shebee
Site Admin

Post by shebee »

Where abouts in CA are you?
Twisted Tequila Sister
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

welcome to the friendly forum
Bit of a Muppet
03raptorincalifornia
On the Road

shebee wrote:55 years ago
03raptorincalifornia wrote:55 years ago

Thanks Shebee!

I think it was just the raptor and navigator, risk of taking Dl and TL sales?

Aww... That makes sense! Yes, Suzuki would have lost a ton of money to sales of Cagiva. The company is VERY little known out here, other than by enthusiasts!
shebee wrote:55 years agoProbably 20k Australian $? about 18.5k us$
Oh okay, forgot Cagiva was also sold extensively in Australia :) Well, extensively in contrast to here lol
shebee wrote:55 years agoWhere abouts in CA are you?
I live in Southern California, in a small town called Victorville. If you've seen the Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, you've seen my street. When he's in the first race still in the U.S. against the kid with the sport car (Porsche, I believe?), they go through a little housing area just down the street from me lol
- Jack
03raptorincalifornia
On the Road

shedmonkey wrote:55 years agowelcome to the friendly forum

Thank you! Everyone here does seem to be much friendlier and respectful compared to the last forum I had joined (LancerTuners) back when I owned a car ;)
- Jack
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome in :D g'luck with parts hunting :nod:

# and your missing posts have been ticked should be plain sailing now
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
03raptorincalifornia
On the Road

snapdragon wrote:55 years agoWelcome in :D g'luck with parts hunting :nod:

# and your missing posts have been ticked should be plain sailing now

Thanks, Snappy!

Noticed you in a lot of other posts. Good to hear from ya :) Not sure what you meant by # and missing posts have been ticked, but smooth sailing is always god and thanks for the good luck wishes!

- Jack
- Jack
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

You are very welcome Jack,
yeah I've been here a long time (for my sins) :ride:

I most likely pressed the wrong button with '#' . wtf does that mean anyway? . :blink:
some comments of yours which were 'on hold' are now approved so that they'd show on the boards -- system holds back posts from new members in tech and other sections just in case we get AH's posting bad things -- this is something techy and geeky of which I know Nothing (thankfully) :blush:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

03raptorincalifornia wrote:55 years agoSo, as far as I know, I am one of the few, or only owners of a Cagiva V-Raptor here in California. I bought it last year for the low price of $2,000 (That's £1497.85 for everyone else lol) Being that it's so rare out here, I have been spending a small fortune attempting to fix her up. It came originally with the original paint job/decals, only upgrade being a carbon fiber front wheel hugger and exhaust baffles.
Welcome aboard! Yeah first US rap I've heard of, although I think someone suggested most of the Xtras went there. Baffles are an upgrade? :? Must have some tight regulations!
Bike looks great, nice bars :happyhappy:
03raptorincalifornia wrote:55 years agoI went ahead and purchased/installed the following:
carbon fiber front turn signals, black handlebar, front brake lever, adjustable heated grips, carbon fiber side panels, Euro style (round) brake/turn signals/license light assembly, HID Kit, K&N cleanable air filter, Dynojet Power Commander USB III (installed the 2001 Suzuki TL1000s 301-703 Euro model-Bos oval slip ons, dB killers installed, Stock or aftermarket filter), carbon fiber chest and knee tank pads, Battery Tender, Beowolf coolant/oil radiator RAPTOR 1000 stainless steel covers, carbon fiber belly pan, brake rotor lock/alarm, reupholstered the seat to carbon fiber look, and a nice new jet black with metallic clear coat paint job ;)
Those Beowulf guards are really growing on me, maybe they only look really loud when you focus on them specifically, and are better in the flesh. Did you need to change the grips anyway, I wouldn't have expected a need for heated in SOCAL. I'll need to watch that film again and spot your street.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.