Battery

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
taz_116
On the Road

Battery

Post by taz_116 »

Any one know off the top of thier heads the correct battery for the 1000 V-Rap?

My alarm has killed my second one :oops: But at least i now have a garage with electricity to keeep an Optimate on all year long.

Si
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
pmogs
On the Road

Post by pmogs »

My 2003 naked Raptor 1000 came supplied with a FIAMM GT X9 - BS battery . When it died , i replaced it with a YUASA YT X9 - BS .
It's been on 3 yr's now , but i do put it on the optimate , from time to time ...
twistedpr
On the Road

Post by twistedpr »

My alarm, combined with leaving the ignition/headlight on whilst modding - IDIOT! - did exactly the same thing. In the end I went for a gel version of the YTX9-BS, altought a fair few other people on here have gone for the larger YTX12-BS (not the same as the YTX12A - beware!).

If you can get the seat to fit properly (the 12 is an inch or so taller than the 9, so a few have had problems), then suggest you go for the 12 as the capacity is nearly half as much again. Not sure if the toolkit will fit back in though.

I have way too many electrical toys on mine, so am chained to the Optimate - so much so I take it with me when going away for more than a few days. :( If/when the current 9 dies, I will definitely try to fit a 12.
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

I was sold a YTX12 by the shop :x there is no way i could get the the seat on with out moving things around which is too much hassle at the moment so taking it back for the YTX9.

I couldn't get the seat hook on the front anywhere near where it fits under the tank so just pulled the battery out again. Will be mobile from sunday again yippppeeeeeeee :twisted:

Just need to Tap the threads on the cans so i can pop the baffles in and out as i want. Don't thin the neighbours would be happy with me starting her up at 6.45 without the baffles :shock:
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE