loudness without pain in the wallet

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
zebedee
On the Road

loudness without pain in the wallet

Post by zebedee »

Hi all Just bought my v raptor this week and love it. would love to make a bit more noise though. I have the standard cans fitted and want to fit some cheap but deep end cans. Done the ebay trawl and come up with very little. Does anyone know if I can fit SV1000 or TL 1000 end cans and if so how hard is it
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

I bought my M4 end cans off TLmonkey, originally they were for a TLR but the link pipes are flaired out to allow their fitment. Any end can can be used really they just need to be matched up with the diameter of the standard pipe work. had the link pipes made up, can give you the dimensions tomorrow if required. All in i think it was £300 or so.
where's the bar?
booah
On the Road

Post by booah »

I've got a set of stock cans and link pipes that have been gutted and are louder than stock. I put Quills on mine, In Australia though.
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Re: loudness without pain in the wallet

Post by TLMONKEY »

zebedee wrote:55 years agoHi all Just bought my v raptor this week and love it. would love to make a bit more noise though. I have the standard cans fitted and want to fit some cheap but deep end cans. Done the ebay trawl and come up with very little. Does anyone know if I can fit SV1000 or TL 1000 end cans and if so how hard is it
SV+TL Cans are bolt on,wont work on raptor, what you need is a pair of SLIPON Can's+linkpipes made for the raptor buddy
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

I have stainless Carbon Can Co ones which I got off ebay for a bargain price!

Apart from keeping an eye on Ebay the wallet might have to get hurt....

CCC do the cans and required link pipes, not sure on the prices though.

Taz
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
Bazza
On the Road

Cans

Post by Bazza »

I've some very tasty cans for sale - Quill T3 Anodised Carbon - only been on bike for couple of months, exellent condition, so I want £400. Thats £150 cheaper than new. And well worth it.

Believe me, cans don't get better than this for the raptor, they sound f##kin amazing, loud, deep and help out your performance. No baffles need replacing for mot. Check out Quill website for more info on them.

Sticking them on E bay next week as getting a new bike!
V Rap - 100% BIG Grin!
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

akarprovic race cans on mine,work very well and sound the bogs bollox.cost a bit thou.just ordered mivvs for wifes 650 rap,not arrived yet but reliably informed they sound great.on offer too at mo,£353 a pair with link pipes in stainless.see general chat posting