exhausts

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
mandie82
On the Road

exhausts

Post by mandie82 »

Hey peeps

Has anyone fitted some after market exhaust to there beloved 650??

Im thinking of going to see the guys at beowulf to see if they can make me some for the 650 as they dont currently do them.. but if someone has any that could be better or look better let me know.. and how much you paid for em...
Magnum
On the Road

Post by Magnum »

Magnum wrote:55 years ago:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Firstly I have to give my esteem to G&G. First class service.
Only drawback was that the only payment option was bank transfer.
It was less than two weeks from order to delivery.
They arrived yesterday, nicely packed and in spotless condition.
Fitting was perfect and the best part was the sound :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Even with the db killers on the sound was massive :shock: :shock: :shock:
It was a hughe difference compared with the stock mufflers :roll: :roll:
I don´t know if I dare to take the db killers out it might wreck my bike shed :D :D :D :D
I can really recomend these cans, alot nicer sound then the race Lazer I had on my VFR.
Here´s how they look on the bike

Now even I the Raptor virgin have a big grin on my face :D :D :D
Here is mine :D and I love em!
They look great and sound even better!
I think they are fair in price, and the service is very good. I was run down by a car this spring so I got some scratches. I had to replace one muffler and to order the second time went as smooth as the first.

http://www.gegbike.com/rivenditori/directsale.html

I payed €564,96 incl. db killers Delivery and insurance. :D :D[/quote]
Cheers!
Cruisers are best enjoyed on the water!
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

are they stamped?? cause im a wuss about the whole getting pulled and done for not having it!
Magnum
On the Road

Post by Magnum »

mandie82 wrote:55 years agoare they stamped?? cause im a wuss about the whole getting pulled and done for not having it!
Can you clarify your question :shock: , since I ´m a forigner I don´t get it :oops: :oops: !

Cheers!
/M
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

Ah.. I was wondering if they had the stamp on them to say if there legal or not.. but i can e-mail the guys and ask them directly..

thanks anyway
twistedpr
On the Road

Post by twistedpr »

Had a set of High-Level G&G pipes, and can certainly vouch for the sound - amazing. Have a recording of what they sound like - PM me with your e-mail address & I'll send it to you

These particular G&Gs were older, so weren't stamped, but according to the UK website the newer ones are - http://www.geg-bike-exhausts.co.uk/cagivamenu.html The standard levels can will need to be converted http://www.geg-bike-exhausts.co.uk/raptor650.html whilst the high level cans have removable baffles, strictly for the race-track you understand. :wink:

Quill cans also sound great, and they will do them for a 650. But, unless someone else has taken the plunge since I last spoke to Chris at Quill, there is no existing template for the 650 link pipes, so they will have to borrow your bike for two weeks to fit them!

I understand you concerns mandie82. I got pulled by plod for going a wee bit over the speed limit :oops: He had a good look around the bike (whilst his boyf wrote the ticket) spotted the non-standard cans and said that because they weren't BSAU marked he could arrange to have the bike taken away :shock: , but as he wasn't in the mood etc..... TBH I think a "you're lucky it's too much hassle to arrange confiscation" style ticking off is more likely if you accidentally leave the baffles out. Best advice is don't give them a different reason to pull you over and you'll be fine. I have also seen BSAU stamped strips and plaques on ebay, which you just rivet onto your non-BSAU exhaust, but far be it from me to encourage that sort of underhand behavior. :P

Whatever you decide, you won't regret it. The sound is the first thing that attracted me to a V-Twin, and a modded Raptor roar never disappoints. Be prepared for a sore face from all the smiling though. :D

Hope that helps.
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

Thanks for that.. Yes i can not wait for a great sound.. as i did have a beowulf on my old ZXR and it was sweet!! so the V Twin should sound great wwwoooooooopppp!!!!
Magnum
On the Road

Post by Magnum »

twistedpr wrote:55 years ago
I understand you concerns mandie82. I got pulled by plod for going a wee bit over the speed limit :oops: He had a good look around the bike (whilst his boyf wrote the ticket) spotted the non-standard cans and said that because they weren't BSAU marked he could arrange to have the bike taken away :shock: ,
Man that´s some tuff laws you got overthere :shock: :shock: Take away the bike :shock: :shock: :shock:
We had it quite pleasant this year since the policeforce in the Stockholm area did not have a working db mesuring device :roll: :roll: . And since they could not measure the noise, you did not have to fear even a ticket for it. And if they get really tuff, worst case you have to walk the bike home :D :D :D

Cheers!
twistedpr
On the Road

Post by twistedpr »

Mandie82, I found some videos of 650s fitted with G&Gs which might get your juices flowing! The first one is what I stole the audio from to make an mp3 (so I could listen to it whilst the cans were in transit :oops: )
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xof8b_ ... haust_auto
The second one is a recent addition to the youtube vaults http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSVsVfmVuXo
Beautiful, isn't it? But they don't do justice to the real thing - just ask Brendan1983 or wreckah.

Hey Magnum - hope things are well and that you're having a little more luck out on the roads! Yes the law does sound tough, but I think it's more of a paper law than one they will actually enforce. I've certainly not heard of anyone having their bike confiscated, nor was I stopped by any of the many police cars I used to ride past in London on my 650. Might have something to do with shutting the throttle and neutral coasting past them to keep the noise down, or it could be that only certain types of police people can confiscate the bike, or that it's all a big lie to give bikers something else to worry about. Who knows!?!?
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
Brendan1983
On the Road

Post by Brendan1983 »

I would recommend the G&G's - as twistedpr knows they're awesome :)

I usually keep the baffles in mine as I feel a bit anti-social with them out, they are loads lighter than the stock cans stay a lot cooler too which is good for throwing some panniers on for shopping :)

Oh btw twistedpr I still haven't had any decision on my bike as of yet, even if mine gets fixed I think I may trade up for the 1000 soon :P
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

Hi Mandie, there is a vid on Youtube of my 1000 V-Rap with CCC Stainless race cans on it. Yes without the baffles as well all though i must admit i use them :oops: but only whilst getting the bike to the front of the house at 7am :lol: Keeps the neighbours sweet then i pull them as my journey to work involves a lot of tunnels :twisted:

have a look on youtube for simonhackett116 i think :?:
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

ello

has anyone have any Carbon Can Co exhaust on there rappy?? what do they sound like with and without baffles??

Someone has offered me a pair at a very very great price and i want the beautys... specially with mine being all dinted now :(
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

As previously posted check my youtube vid. thats CCC without baffles in, with baffles in there is a big difference, still sounds meaty though.

Got for em, i have race cans which i have pop rivited the BS plates too, gets me through MOT...... :roll:

Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
zebedee
On the Road

like an angry spitfire

Post by zebedee »

Hi Mandie

I got Quill Evo 2's on my Vrap 1000. They do them for the 650. They come in titanium, shiny stainless and carbon. Same oval shape as standard, nice deep rumble and cracle and a lovely deep Spitfire esque throb on overrun. The are stamped and marked with the BSAU nonsense for MOT time but this is for with the baffles in. My advice is take the baffles out straight away as they are known to fall out. Quill dont put them in tight as they expect people to take them out. If you want them in then make sure they are in damn tight and bolted to within an inch of their lives. They are about £400 a pair, complete with link pipes for the thou. Give em a call if you dont need links or to get a better price. Chuffed to bits with em. Pix of them on the bike are on the riders and rides bit.
live long and prosper earthmen