Rough running at 3000rpm

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

Here's an interesting update on the 3000rpm debate - my Raptor 1000 suffers from the same problem, but whilst playing with my new PC2 today whichever map I loaded (and I now have quite a few for Raptors and TLSs) it would still sound lumpy below 3k (whilst in neutral on a paddock stand), but once it hit low-80s DegC it became sweet as a nut!

How strange.....
kev
On the Road

Post by kev »

ITS YOUR CLUTCH SWITCH :x
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

kev wrote:55 years agoITS YOUR CLUTCH SWITCH :x
Kev, it isn't - the problem still occurs with the switch disconnected either on the stand or whilst moving. But, we have progress - see here.....

:)
raptor5
On the Road

runin ruff

Post by raptor5 »

mines runin crap 3 and below tre fitted pc2 not sure what map it has on it at moment done the clutch switch.will changing the sensor on the rad work?
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

No, so long as your temperature gauge is working ok. The thing on the rad is the fan swicth, the temp sensor is on the thermostat housing (as per the later TLS).

Have a look at this thread for the reason why Raptors run like a bag of cack under 3k when the temp is below 82degC....
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

I always try to get the temp up to 50-60 before I set off, at that mine is jumpy AT 3k revs but fine above and often ok below that it's just 3k thats the pain-in-the-arse

but currently I don't care - cos the bikes are behind a ploughed snowdrift and I can't get them out onto the road :roll:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

Interesting update - I taped up the bottom third of my rad the other day to keep the temp above 82degC. It ran between 83-86 with the ambient temp at around 14degC and was as sweet as a nut, not a misfire in sight!

Unfortunately I only had silver Duck tape and not black, but it has proved what I thought - the rad appears to be sized for an Italian summer, not a British spring.... :wink:
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Ahh, might be an idea if I break out the RadWrappas again, covers originally made for the local shop's Mito/Planet owners, the 125's seemed to have a cold problem
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
993ti
On the Road

Post by 993ti »

Can someone explain this?
I changed oil yesterday and now it runs much smoother :shock:
Went from Motul to Castrol RS.
I'm sticking with Castrol now, lol.
2003 Raptor 1000
Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition.