OIL!!

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
Brutas
On the Road

OIL!!

Post by Brutas »

Hi guys n girls 8)

Well, went for short ride to Rivington on saturday.
on the way I had a stange clutch slip :shock: when I accelorated to pass a car on the Motorway, thought nothing of it as it was only the once, but when I got there the RIGHT side of my engine was covered in oil and for the life of me I can't find where it's coming from.

SO?

Any ideas :idea: ?
Live life to the full ( throttle that is )
snapdragon

Re: OIL!!

Post by snapdragon »

oil cooler?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Brutas
On the Road

Post by Brutas »

Good idea, just looked but it seem to be from the waterpump back (not on or around the pump though)

cheers Snapdragon
forza
On the Road

Post by forza »

Clutch cover leaking :?: (Mine does :!: )

I have had one of the aluminium sealing washers on one of the oil cooler pipes fail in the past :shock:
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

I bet a pound to a pinch of the brown smelly stuff that it`s the clutch cover leaking.Mine did the same and i ended up sealing it with a little silicon sealant on a freshly degreased casing/o-ring seal and back casing making sure that the casing is lined up central as there is a little play and if left to sit a little low it will leak like a tap.Also the faster you go the more it leaks as the crankcase pressure pushes it out.I leaned mine against the wall of my house on the bar end(in gear to stop it rolling away) so that i didn`t have to drop the oil as i`d only just changed it.
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Brutas wrote:55 years agoGood idea, just looked but it seem to be from the waterpump back (not on or around the pump though)
ok
if it's not from the clutch cover

is it below the waterpump?
could it be oil mixed with coolant? below the water pump cover on the forward facing edge of the clutch casing there's a hole (looks like a bolt hole but with no bolt, about 5ml across) could it be from that hole?
SnappY
Brutas
On the Road

Post by Brutas »

Well thanks for all the sugestions

I went to ROAD & RACING in Hyde today, they used to be cagiva dealers and its still the same blokes :P just a nice new shop (suzuki)

anyway they were very helpfull and as it turns out it was the clutch cover gasket, new one now fitted, problem solved :D
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

yayhoo - Result !! :D
SnappY