Headstock Bearings and Odometer

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
Frankiesan
On the Road

Headstock Bearings and Odometer

Post by Frankiesan »

Hi guys and gals.

Had an advisory on my last MOT that my headstock bearings were getting worn. Lo and behold slowly but surely I've noticed the knocking when applying the brakes. Decided to nip it in the bud pre MOT and get em replaced.

To help my mechanic (and hopefully speed up the process of me getting the bike back sooner) I was hoping someone might have the details of what the part number / sizes / any helpful info at all around these bearings so I can give it to him straight away and he can get em ordered before he even turns a spanner.

Also post my spill (now 2 years ago) I had a crack in the plastic of my rev counter, which has slowly let moisture accumulate inside. Took it apart on Saturday as the trip switch had stopped working.
On closer inspection there's corrosion of the circuit board and even when cleaned up and dried out it's still not functioning right. Any ideas on how much and where I'd be looking for a new one of these? One that actually displays in MPH would be mint! Also any ideas on how the Mileage would be moved over to a new counter?

I have family in Italy so they might be able to get me one I'd just rather not bother them :)
tyremuncher
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: danny moore , hawick

Re: Headstock Bearings and Odometer

Post by tyremuncher »

dont know about original speedo but what about one of these,i met the bloke the other day and he is spot on,
http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/db01r- ... -200-p.asp
i dont need sex,the government fu*k me everyday