Need HEEEEEELP!!! V-Raptor misfiring :(

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
snapdragon

Re: Need HEEEEEELP!!! V-Raptor misfiring :(

Post by snapdragon »

KimL wrote:55 years agoBy the way, hope you all understand what I mean in my explanations. Hard sometimes to figure out the exact correct grammar in english, but I do my best :)
Absolutely KimL :nod: very easy to understand
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

You are doing fine on the explanations - I hope you find the solution soon!
Twisted Tequila Sister
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

the fact that there are no errors is good so sensors are in normal range. It could be throttle pos sensor you should be able to put a meter on it and check voltage with ignition on between bottom and middle wire should give 1.1v closed to 4.2v full open with smooth a change as throttle opened. Top wire to ground should be 4.5 to 5v .I had a coil go down but it gave me an error(may not always be the case) As for fuel pump i had a lot of water in my tank so i drained it and cleaned strainer put new filter in and checked output as in manual.

Good luck :nod:
Bit of a Muppet
KimL
On the Road

Post by KimL »

IT WORKS, IT WORKS!!!!! :revrev:

Finally I found my problem :). Checked the contact for the TPS sensor today. That was not the problem because it looked like it was new. While I had the tank of I even inspected the cables under there and everything looked OK there to, so no cables that where pinched or something like that under the tank either. Thought it was very strange so took one of my co-workers as a passenger at work and now it didn´t misfire anymore thought SAY WHAT!! took another co-worker that is a little more hefty because my other co-worker is a very skinny person ;) and yep the problem came back right away. This was very strange but thought that it must be something that has to do with the level of the bike or something like that. Have thought about this the hole day and when I came home I started to look some more on the bike, came to look at the sidestand and the sidestand switch, al looked OK but when i flipped up the sidestand i saw that the little peg (see attached picture) that should push in the sidestand switch barely touched the switch. Ahaaaa..... maybe i´m on to something here :). Bended the peg a little so it definitely pushed in the switch when the sidestand was up. Took the bike for a spin with my girlfriend on the back of the bike and TADAAAAAA!! It now works great :). No more Mr Raptor the kangaroo :).

Was so happy to have solved the problem that we took it for a nice long trip around the town and the road down by the sea :ride:
Thanks everyone for all your ideas and thoughts :). Must say this has been the most helpful forum I have been to so far, hope I can be as helpful to you in the future if any one else gets a problem witch I hope you don´t get :)
Attachments
bild-1.JPG
bild-1.JPG (201.24 KiB) Viewed 2631 times
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

:mrgreen: :happyhappy: :D :) :thumbsup: :ride: :revrev:

I've had a non-fully-connecting sidestand tab - :doh: but never that problem! :blink: happy you've got it sorted :thumbsup:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>