Brake Lines

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
Frankiesan
On the Road

Brake Lines

Post by Frankiesan »

Hi All,

Any ideas on where I can get a full set of new Braided lines from? (With all those cross connectors that are present on the bike as standard)

I gather your supposed to change these after a number of years and with all the rust appearing on the connectors figured it was time ;-) Can't be running out of stoppers when I need em..
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: Brake Lines

Post by Crap Tartan »

pm sent.
nil illigitimae carborundum
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

:oops: still have the originals on mine
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Fausto
On the Road

Post by Fausto »

It's the rubber hoses that need replacing after 5 years or so. I would hope that the braided ones that come as standard on Raptors will last much longer - unless that corrosion you mention gets really bad.

If you do replace then I would just get a pair of lines that each run from cylinder to caliper and avoid all the one into two mess. Supposed to be the most efficient setup anyway.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

HEL do braided hoses for the 1000, so can't see why they wouldn't do them for the 650 too. Give them a ring and be sure to tell them the year of your bike, as they do from time to time send out the wrong bits.

The originals corroded pretty bad on Carnivores VRap, so they were replaced, taking out the connector piece in the middle, going straight from cylinder to caliper IIRC.
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge