Once bitten, twice scared of buying new exhausts

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Hairy_Mark
Hirsute Maximus Spanner...I do Technical Me ;)

Once bitten, twice scared of buying new exhausts

Post by Hairy_Mark »

Hi,
after the disaster of getting exhausts for my Raptor from Quill, I want to get a set that actually fits! I saw some cans and connector pipes from MTC. Unless they're using fancy computer programs to fake it, their gallery shows a Raptor complete with pipes.
Has anyone used them and if so, how pleased were you with the system?
Legal disclaimer :
The author has recently been declared sane.
He thanks Dr Foster for this and hopes his
clothes dry out after the puddle incident.
weirdo
On the Road

Re: Once bitten, twice scared of buying new exhausts

Post by weirdo »

To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
slix2110
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: sussex hydrografix

Post by slix2110 »

I've spoken to both MTC and V Force who both assure me that their systems fit perfectly and need no adjustments to the fuelling at all. incidentally MTC was started by someone who who was involved with the bike bit of Blue Flame Exhausts, so thats not a bad recommendation I guess.
Hairy_Mark
Hirsute Maximus Spanner...I do Technical Me ;)

Post by Hairy_Mark »

Thanks both.
Weirdo, you're right I don't pay attention all the time...typical male, i suppose. I've ordered a nice shiny new pair of stubby exhausts...they say they'll be with me next week, but i can't fit them until I get the frame, swing-arm, yokes and a few other bits back from the powder coaters. Looking forward to it.
Legal disclaimer :
The author has recently been declared sane.
He thanks Dr Foster for this and hopes his
clothes dry out after the puddle incident.
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Hey Mark who is the powder coater and let us know if they are any good (quality and price)? :mrgreen:
Bit of a Muppet
leven1785
On the Road

Post by leven1785 »

This is not an unbiased post as I am friend of Martin Leigh, top bloke who owns MTC exhausts. I have a set of stainless rounds on mine, with no fitting problems.
The issue with a lot of companies making cans are the link pipes, most companies buy the link pipes in from a supplier and unfortunately that's where it goes wrong. The quality is variable, so one set fits the next batch does not. As the faulty ones look similar, it's the poor customer who finds they don't fit.
Martin has had customer complaints of a similar nature, as a result he has invested in his own pipe bender (very expensive bit of kit) and is now making his own link pipes.
The result being stuff fits and no complaints.
Mention me SCOTT LEVEN you might even get a bit of discount. :thumbsup:
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

leven1785 wrote:55 years agoThis is not an unbiased post as I am friend of Martin Leigh, top bloke who owns MTC exhausts. I have a set of stainless rounds on mine, with no fitting problems.
The issue with a lot of companies making cans are the link pipes, most companies buy the link pipes in from a supplier and unfortunately that's where it goes wrong. The quality is variable, so one set fits the next batch does not. As the faulty ones look similar, it's the poor customer who finds they don't fit.
Martin has had customer complaints of a similar nature, as a result he has invested in his own pipe bender (very expensive bit of kit) and is now making his own link pipes.
The result being stuff fits and no complaints.
Mention me SCOTT LEVEN you might even get a bit of discount. :thumbsup:
Thanks Scott - always useful to get a personal recommendation :mrgreen:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>