My Rappie's got a new bird for the cold winter nights

Chat about anything
Bear of Little Brain
On the Road

My Rappie's got a new bird for the cold winter nights

Post by Bear of Little Brain »

Just posted something about ethanol. However, I came to it via investigating fuel additives for this little concubine for my Rappie (if I can get the images to load).

As I head towards my second childhood, I reckon I I'm currently about seventeen and going down…

This little babe came all the way from Alabamee (sans banjo on knee: -Neil Young, sans b-a-n-j-o, too)

Guess I'll have to call her Susannah. :D
01 Triumph TR6R Trophy.jpg
01 Triumph TR6R Trophy.jpg (45.23 KiB) Viewed 3202 times
Attachments
05 Triumph TR6R Trophy.jpg
05 Triumph TR6R Trophy.jpg (45.02 KiB) Viewed 3202 times
snapdragon

Re: My Rappie's got a new bird for the cold winter nights

Post by snapdragon »

wooooooo she lovely :thumbsup:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Well,no feelings of envy here,HONEST there`s not.
Beautifull bike that :toocool:
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
vassilis67
On the Road

Post by vassilis67 »

Excellent bike, excellent colour...
It's all greek to me....
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Very nice (well jell) is that what you youngsters say :shock:
Bit of a Muppet
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Very lovely indeed.

I was just musing earlier on this evening about a bike that I nearly had once. It was a UK Tiger (with the square tank and the Edward Turner bars) in the same shade of Blue and white and was being sold at a local bike shop for £525.

There were a couple of things not right with it like the choke cable hanging off. While I was pondering, a mate offered to sell me his Norton Combat for the same money. So I bought that and never looked back. Except I do occasionally and like tonight, I've often felt an urge to track down such a bike and scratch the itch.
Bear of Little Brain
On the Road

Post by Bear of Little Brain »

At the risk of being blackballed here: I finally had a couple of hours to check out the new bird. The advertised mileage was/is just under 15,000 miles and when I spoke to the seller I came to the conclusion that it could be genuine. So, in a fit of "Life's too short", I paid the "Buy it now" price and the rest is (bank balance) history. Anyway, judging by the general condition, other than the tank and mudguard re-paint job, I'm pretty sure it is that mileage. Little things like the state of the perished rubber bits, the hardness of the wiring insulation, and the relatively undamaged, but slightly corroded fastenings seem to back that up. Some time in the spring I'll whip the head off and check the cylinders. I think it should be an "Std" bore. We'll see. (Oh for a proper garage with lights and power again.) Nice little thing to tinker with, methinks. And to poddle down to the beach and the like (okay: posing! 8) . How juvenile.). The Rappie's still for the serious business of playing in the traffic though. Actually, when I can bring myself to it, I'll have to "Fess up" on the Rappie front. Maybe around April/May.

Update: showed the Triumph to my (39 year old) daughter. Big mistake. Her comment: "It looks really nice – quite feminine." Now she's talking about getting her motorcycle license… Why do my children think that because they may inherit something some day, therefore they already have ownership rights? :x

Okay. I won't mention this Triumph again. Promise. Really.

Just wondered why I'm posting this here at all rather than some Triumph owners club blog. Just feel more at home here. How sad is that? :(
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

:hug:
Twisted Tequila Sister
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Nahhh its fine .................just stop rubbing it in :(