Not a Raptor, but still a Cagiva....

General spannery stuff
shedmonkey
APM

Re: Not a Raptor, but still a Cagiva....

Post by shedmonkey »

As CT says 20mpg thats horrible, if you could get a pc3 then i dont see why you couldnt just tweak the standard map to do what you want withought fitting the tls ecu .If i remember correctly the pc2 doesnt allow ignition changes but the pc3 does.
Bit of a Muppet
TLPower
On the Road

Post by TLPower »

Quite right the pc2 only adjusts the fuel.

I am planning on using the tls ecu for its ignition map, I hope the dyno guy will be able to reduce the fuel to suit. I was looking at which components could cause the excess fuel situation I had. TPS is now bang on, engine temp sender mod as per CT, throttle balance bang on, which leaves air temp sensor, gear position sensor (TRE fitted and working), atmospheric pressure sensor and intake air pressure sensor. No codes are being displayed so other than ripping the whole thing apart (again) to check every resistance, I guess the sensors are all o.k.

What have I missed?
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

I would guess its something in the mapping of that ecu and its compatability with the PC2 fuelling.

If all the sensors are showing within the correct resistance range (as per the workshop manual) then theres nowt else it can be unless where you live the atmospherics are off the scale somewhere!!!!!! lol

The only other thing I would check is all the vacuum hoses etc. for seal and security.
nil illigitimae carborundum
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Just reread your first post have you tried a Navi map? as the problem could just be the tls may have different injectors or a freer airbox and richened to suit (bit of bad english there i think)
Bit of a Muppet
TLPower
On the Road

Post by TLPower »

Shedmonkey the map I loaded was the nearest one I could find that suited my mods. The biggest difference other than the TL ecu I guess is the full 50mm exhaust, the standard Navigator one I removed was 36mm from the cylinder heads back!

The map I chose was for a TLS with a full Yoshi system and an after market air filter. Looking at the air boxes my Navigator basically has an open topped box with a panel K&N. The TL ones I believe have ram air tubes and look far more complicated.

I believe the injectors are all the same (other than the TLR which has 4).

The map I initially started it up on was the Navigator custom map I had done last year. (Before the 50mm exhaust). That ran even richer!

Thanks once again you guys.
bazzywazz
On the Road

Post by bazzywazz »

my raptor ran very rich when I tried a tls map, clouds of black smoke. Try a 508 map.
TLPower
On the Road

Post by TLPower »

Thanks for that suggestion of the 508 map. Did you notice any improvement with the TLS ecu?
bazzywazz
On the Road

Post by bazzywazz »

no, that was with cagiva ecu. it seems tls' can flow a lot more fuel, I think the rap is restricted by the tight bends in the exhaust.
I meant 506 map.