Been caught speeding. Allegedly!

Chat about anything
Spyke
On the Road

Re: Been caught speeding. Allegedly!

Post by Spyke »

:doh:

Sounds like your lawyer is on the ball, shame his fees will be due though!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

It must be great when you can make up the rules as you go along. Unfortunately as one of the most unloved sections of society, we usually have to take whatever gets doled out to us without anybody else giving a kak.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Yup, which is why Facebook pages like "Cop Block" and "Film Cops" and "National Police Misconduct Reporting Project" are gaining in popularity....like as many as you can!

We need to leverage technology to hold the bastards accountable, if they're not gonna play fair. :happyhappy:
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

Well after being told that the cops car only had a gps system thats let the police know where the car is I decided to track the police Sgt down who came to my house. I finally did yesterday morning and when I questioned him on the tracker in PC Angry's car he once again told me that all Leicestershire police cars have trackers which show you locations, times and speed. Maybe not the best system but its a tracking system non the less. Then I said why are the CPS saying he's only got a locating gps tracker which does nothing else called an IR3 not a tracker blackbox? He said thats right an IR3 fitted to all cars but it tells you locations, speeds and times. PC's can look at the information via a computor that day and Sgt's and above and look back at the history of the car backdating it several months!!!!!!
Someone telling little white lies and I don't think its the Sgt. :shock:
Just waiting for my lawyer to get back to me know.
Better to burn out than just fade away!!
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Your lawyer should have fun with that!
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Your friendly helpful sergeant seems to be a good sort and shows that there are a few decent people among the ranks, but you sense that they generally just seem to be able to make things up as they go along.
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

Finally getting somewhere with the CPS and his tracker. Had a letter from them via my lawyer saying they have now asked for a print out for the Police car and will disclose it if necessary but as it's only update every 12 SECOND's they cant see what use it would be as it's not updated every second!! REALLY.. I can.

It will prove he turned around and followed me through Melton and he turned off the main road before following me again.
It will prove he didn't do 100mph for 3 miles and it will prove the at he time of the alleged offence his car was stood still and had been for several minutes.

Prove his statement is lets say a load of shite!!

Told my lawyer that we want it and want as soon as possible. In court on the 22nd October so need it quickly.
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Good luck mark this must be stressing you out.
Bit of a Muppet
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

shedmonkey wrote:55 years agoGood luck mark this must be stressing you out.
The CPS are. Don't know why they are saying 1 thing 1 week and then another the next. Wish they would just give us the information and then sort this out!!
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Interesting on the news re Andrew Mitchell and his 'Plebs' remark. More evidence that the police just make things up to get others into trouble or to get themselves of the hook. And this was against a govt minister... they're not likely to have any qualms about employing the same sort of tactics with us, err, plebs for want of a better word.
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

So got some tracker info yesterday.
Firstly got a load of stuff that made no sence at all then got another lot about half the amount of the first.
After looking at it for hours we got to the bottom of it.
The first lot is of the officer's radio tracker movements which is useless. Its a mobile gps tracker.
The second lot was the car and its a fixed type. They only gave us 4 minutes of it though!! 1938hrs to 1942hrs. Offence occured at 1948hrs!!!!

So first question is there any eveidence that he pulled off the main road? Yes it was on an un-named road leading to a nursery at 1938hrs. That's what i said straight away so thats good.

Second question. Did he do 100 - 106mph for 5km's?? No fastest the car went was 91.7mph for 12 seconds. Other speeds range between 44mph and 77mph. Just as i said in the first place. Thats good.

Third question. What time did he stop?? Car was stationary at 1942hrs and didn't move until 2016hrs. Again just as i said.

Forth question. What was his average speed?? 3.3 miles in 4 minutes is 49.5mph. 3.3 miles in 3.5 minutes is 56.57mph.

All good so far. I have told my lawyer all the details who is now asking the cps why they only gave us 4 minutes of car tracker info and a load of crap of radio tracker?? He is aslo asking to adjourn next weeks trial until we get the rest of the car tracker info!!

ADJOURN it it should be shit canned now for god sake.

NOT HAPPY AT ALL.... :angry:
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

I'm really saddened to see the amount of B/S you're having to put up with - B/S that is causing you stress and costing you in lawyers fees. Can you get in touch with the sergeant again and show him the tracker info that you have? With what you have so far he should be able to see that it's really not going to help anyone if this goes to court - especially the reputation of his staff.
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

Well my lawyer has wrote another letter (with of course costs me more money) to the CPS and court saying this can't go ahead (this coming Tuesday) because the CPS have pissed about getting the tracker info to us 10 days after the deadline set by the court and when they did they only gave us 4 minutes not the hour we asked for.

All that a-side I have a copper who can't tell the time, cant read his speedo, both proved by what tracker information we have, can't complete a basic police ticket without making 6 mistakes I have said ticket and cant control his anger or his road rage yet
I AM THE BAD 1..........
Beggars belief.

To top it all my lawyer has told me that because of all the work they have had to do 3 letters and 2 phone calls and 1 10 meeting with me they had to raise the price. Well double it actually.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Speaking of speeding, I've just had a letter through from the North Yorks constabulary to say that I've been nicked. Grollocks!!! :x

73mph in a 60 limit. I saw the van but not as quick as he saw me. When I checked my speedo I was only doing about 65mph. I was following anotrher bike who saw the van before me. In fact, he was between me and the van which is possibly why I didn't see it so quickly.

Anyway, looks like I've been done bang to rights guv'nor and all that. I'll have to see if they will allow me to do a speed awareness course. Could have really done without this. Ho hum...
Bear of Little Brain
On the Road

Post by Bear of Little Brain »

I learned all about police honesty when I was seventeen. Booked for doing 50 in a 30 limit at 11:00 pm-ish on a deserted cold winter's night back in the 'sixties. Over some distance I can't remember (x tenths of a mile, back then, I think). Taking my girlfriend home from my mum's place. Same route, same routine several times a week. Over Iford bridge into Christchurch, and so out of Bournemouth; left fork off the main road; accelerate for a couple of hundred yards; slow for road with right of way coming in from the right and behind me; look back behind me to check for oncoming traffic; accelerate for 100/150 yards and shut off for sharp right turn just around blind bend. When I'd looked behind me at the junction, there was no traffic at all. Out of habit I did bother to glance round before turning right - just as a copper on his bike accelerated past to stop me. Nearly wiped me and my girl out. I was furious. There is no way he could have been coming up behind me with his lights on, because I'd have seen him when I looked back at that junction; and no way he could have timed me over whatever the distance at the time was, let alone at a steady speed. And I told him so. Perhaps he expected some yob who would just take it. True, I may have been accelerating up to forty before shutting off each time, but it was too cold to be going fast. And no traffic anywhere. And no pedestrians on those quiet roads at that time of night, either. I just gave him something to do and to lie about.
Wrote to the chief constable to protest his officer's dangerous driving, mentioning the fact that he cannot have had his headlight on and that he cannot have clocked me over that distance at that speed. His word against mine. You can guess the outcome.

Funny how my mother spent so much effort teaching me to respect the police, just for some sh*t to put me wise to the world. I suppose he thought he'd just show some leather-jacketed punk who's who. Pity they didn't have today's technology then.

Good luck, Mark.

If you prove it was all fabricated, surely you can take a civil action against the officer and sue him for costs and compensation for yourself? Mind you, for all you know, your solicitor is exchanging funny handshakes with the copper or his buddies. And my general opinion of solicitors is that they have to be constantly chased, even as they try to fob you off - usually in a supercilious, arrogant, manner, if they are male.

Oh, the latest? £60 for being two weeks over on my car's MoT. And the policewoman was already reciting the caution as she walked towards the open passenger door. I suppose that's "zero tolerance" for you. Unfortunately, that works both ways. It's called, "blowback". Grrr…
I feel better now. :) Where's my chocolate bar?