fork spring specs? also workshop manual

General spannery stuff
Jayjayridge
On the Road

fork spring specs? also workshop manual

Post by Jayjayridge »

does anybody know the specs of standard fork spi
rings. i.d o.d rate length. i have looked around for a set but can only find progressive when i want linear. do any other springs fit the legs. dont want to swap front end either but will be taking forks out of bike to do oil/dust seals next week
snapdragon

Re: fork spring specs? also workshop manual

Post by snapdragon »

the tech talk has me baffled, :? although I do have a spare set of raptor fork springs in the cupboard
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Jayjayridge
On the Road

Post by Jayjayridge »

are they standard ones? are they for sale. want them to measure really as i am goin to get an uprated pair wound as i am erm slightly heavy. would be good to have a set to copy dimensions from before i rebuild mine. i also have a few standard parts such as cans front and rear lights and the things thst surround front light if you need any of them
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

What about a simple fork oil change first, its amazing what that can do!

Afraid that's it as far as my contribution. I'm like Snap, I've weird parts in odd places. Like the SV forks behind the curtains in the bedroom :blink:

Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

:nod: Dizzy - I'd go for heavier oil too

I'm pretty sure they're standard, no idea how I'd get them to Blackpool though, not doing too much travelling just now
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Jayjayridge
On the Road

Post by Jayjayridge »

goin to go to heavy fork oil too. i am 17st tho and as its a minging job to do i only want to do it once
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Sounds like it's certainly gonna be your cheapest option to try first.

Did you track down the manual yet? I seem to remember it's been stickied in one of those technical threads, if you can't find it let me know and I'll have a rummage around my e-storage, I'm sure I've got it somewhere...
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Jayjayridge
On the Road

Post by Jayjayridge »

i have downloaded several (63mb) versions but i only get the front cover and the other pages are blank. if you could have a look i would be greatful cheers.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Doneski - see http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... 258#p29258, let me know if you have any issues.

I might play about with the various wiring diagrams too...
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

I have a pair of standard springs somewhere if i can find them i could measure the length ,diameters ,wire section etc but not sure how i could measure the spring rate(dont have any scales) or i could post them at cost. Let me know what you want to do?
Bit of a Muppet
Jayjayridge
On the Road

Post by Jayjayridge »

if you want to sell them i would be more than happy to buy them and pay postage. will also post the measurements and spring rate on here. if anybody else is intereasted in a set of uprated springs i will post details of where i got them and price. i want to see them myself before recomending to others.
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

I am going to be working near Garstang tomorrow and all next week i could possibly meet you or leave them there for you to collect.
Bit of a Muppet
Jayjayridge
On the Road

Post by Jayjayridge »

that would be brilliant will you be there on thursday or can i pick them up on thurs in garstang. how much do you want for them?