charging mod

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
bluesman

charging mod

Post by bluesman »

Hi,
Has anyone done the mod to the charging system that is in the tlzone forum,which seems to charge battery at 14.3 at 1500rpm before it was 13.6
snapdragon

Re: charging mod

Post by snapdragon »

am not a member of the tlzone forum so have never heard of it. what is it?

welcome in by the way :)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
bluesman

Post by bluesman »

I had a bit of a problem with batterys one only did 6000 ks .reading in the TLzone frequent TL mods there is heeps on the wireing on the tl and the charging system.On my bike 2004 xtra-raptor I was never getting a full charge ,ie light on 1500rpm 13.6 v 5000 12.9 .By running a 12ga wires directy from out put of the connector of the R/R to the battery terminals,on the positive lead there should be a 30A fuse on that leg.I now get 1500rpm 14.3 5000 14.1.This seems to to be better to me !!? ,BUT I AM NO EXPERT that was why I was asking has anyone done this mod on a raptor ? Please read the frequent TL mods in the tlzone forum,there is heaps of information on the charging system
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

have used TLzone in the past but have never had reason to look at charging issues as have never had cause to.

Will check what voltages I get again but am sure they were fine when i last checked!!??
nil illigitimae carborundum