I broked her...

Chat about anything
dizzyblonde
On the Road

I broked her...

Post by dizzyblonde »

See here for wanted :(

http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... =19&t=4370

Big invisible fuel leak on a roundabout exit, spreading across the entire lane, and stretching for a good way down the road.. Many cars inspecting their tyres both before and after I came off, because as I did, they thought there was a puncture in one. Nearly had my mate plough into the back of me as he lost his bike first, but changed course seeing me. Other half, well hes lucky the ZZR14 didn't spit him off.

Not nice seeing waggons snaking everywhere either.

Poor Kitty is poorly, and now looks rather aesthetically challenged, compared to her usual self.
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
snapdragon

Re: I broked her...

Post by snapdragon »

:(
:angry:
:hug:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

:(
Sorry to here that Diz but al least you're ok. How did the holiday go?
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Sorry dizz .Once had something similar myself not nice :angry:
Bit of a Muppet
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

norrie wrote:55 years ago:(
Sorry to here that Diz but al least you're ok. How did the holiday go?

The holiday went ok. At least we got there in one piece eh. :)
I am very very sore though, in my hips. Its like bloody tooth ache :x
shedmonkey wrote:55 years agoSorry dizz .Once had something similar myself not nice :angry:
Aye, I don't fancy trying it again, I can say that :o
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

oh no what a shame sorry to hear this, this is what I'm beginning to realise now about these bikes its so heart breaking when something goes wrong as you can't get the parts easy.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Yes, it is heartbreaking, but it will be put right...even if it takes a while :nod:
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Hope you're ok Dizz. It's a real bummer when you come off. Maybe it's a bit better when you come off and you can see what's to blame. The last 'off' that I had, I couldn't see why it had happened and only had myself to blame. It does leave you full of doubt :(

And it hurts!

Hope you and the bike are up and running again soon.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

I'm Fine RM. Been attempting to find parts, and I've had one fabulous(greatly appreciated) success, but a lot of disappointment as well.
Although....If anyone ever breaks a footpeg, they're off a Ducati monster circa 2002 part no:46410181A :thumbsup:

My friend has an old broken K3 SV in his garage, and still has the gear shifter, so we are going to see if it has the right sized hole and sized bits to attach to the footpeg, and rod. I still have the rod from the linkage which came out unscathed and the rose on the end of the bit stuck to the rod into the engine is fine too. I haven't a clue what bike the gear shift foot thingy came off, but I'm sure within a couple of days I'll find it, if the SV donation doesn't fit.

Snappy, I have found the perfect thing to hide the triangle shaped bit missing off my tank.....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RIPPED-TORN-M ... 3ce718e7c2
:doh:

Still to find some handle bars and indicator pod assembly for both sides....

...and unfortunately those Leo Vince cans are going to have to be replaced, they ain't identical twins anymore, as one got reshaped. Whatever I replace them with, will have to raise hell as much as the last set :evil:

Of course it is all still waiting to be assessed. I'm going through my insurance as the excess is less than it would cost me to repair back to her pristine state.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Wooo love that raptor eye Dizzy :D

I'm still trying to get my stupid head around which bit of gear lever, if it's the dog leg shaped rearmost linkage then a tl bit will fit, (I got one just so I could get home when the part went oops near to a Suzuki dealer - luckily in a mate's backyard) but requires stuff to be adjusted. I did revert to the 'proper' bit as soon as it arrived from OEM
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Hi Dizz,

Bars can be swapped for Renthal Ultra Low (758-01) (which you can get in different colours).

Details here

http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... hal#p31051

I've still to check on indicator stock, will try to sort that today.
152/999
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

hey dizz i could lend you a front end (fairing light indicators etc) if you like but would need them back at some time but no hurry.
Bit of a Muppet