To Seat or not to seat...

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Dirk

To Seat or not to seat...

Post by Dirk »

Hello there all,

I am new to this forum as I am just about to be in possession of a 2004 Cagiva Raptor 1000, I am looking to get a single seat and cowl, can anyone give me some information on this or where to get it and generally what the best options are.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I am based in Brisbane in Taringa 4068, Australia.

Thanks in advance

Dirk
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: To Seat or not to seat...

Post by shebee »

Welcome in Dirk, pleased to have a new addition to the upside down contingent!

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Welcome.
They are very hard to find. You just have to keep your eye on the net etc. The cowl fits over the existing seat.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Welcome Dirk .A good place is here keep your eyes open on the classifieds section, the other is the dreaded ebay.

Hey Sheb can we restrict the number of aussies on the forum? They are outnumbering us 2:1 at the minute.(unless they invite us over for a visit of course) :)
Bit of a Muppet
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

shedmonkey wrote:55 years agoWelcome Dirk .A good place is here keep your eyes open on the classifieds section, the other is the dreaded ebay.

Hey Sheb can we restrict the number of aussies on the forum? They are outnumbering us 2:1 at the minute.(unless they invite us over for a visit of course) :)
thats because australia imported the most raptors :D welcome, yes there's no single seat but just a rear cowl that goes over the standard dual seat.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome in Dirk :D

sold my seat cowl years ago since it's easier to load luggage without it 8)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Seat cowls are getting pretty hard to find these days but...............

There were single seat race type made when the Raps were raced and have seen one or two find their way onto road bikes and even some conversions to take a single seat from other models.

I dont think they were ever commercially available as a single seat so equally as hard to find.

Be inventive and find a single seat type you like and get busy making it fit!! :thumbsup:
nil illigitimae carborundum
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

Try this bloke down at Browns Plains http://custommotorcycleseats.com.au/ and get yourself one of these http://www.trenditaly.com/seat-cover-ca ... -7137.html. If you're going for single seat registration you have to drill out the pillion peg mounting holes, I've got a set of these http://www.rosmoto.it/index.php?page=pe ... raptor.htm that have the pillion pegs bolted on separately.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Welcome aboard Dirk, yes it looks like Trenditaly are about the only folks with seat cowls available, theirs is different to the OEM one but they do do a carbon fibre version too.

And shed, if you can make it to Perth you and a +1 would be welcome to my spare room (except screaming kids!), 10 mins to the beach, it's warming up here already with 34 forecast for tomorrow :sun:
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.