kwakboy

TAIL RAISING KIT FOR A RAPTOR

Post by kwakboy »

:lol: ANYBODY INTERESTED?

mail me!

:lol: KWAKBOY
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

No thanks I'm not tall enough - but I suggest that you go buy a Raptor and use it yourself :D gwaaan you know you want to :lol:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
gjohnp37

Tail Raiser

Post by gjohnp37 »

Well worth £30.00!
A very quick delivery from Germany, easy to replace and they even sent another set which would raise it even higher (but my legs are too short for that). Standard plates raise about 25-30mm and make one hell of a difference. I've only had a chance of using the V-Rap to work and back, but what i thought was strange handling caused by a squared off rear tyre (when I bought s/hand) was down to the rear ride height. Now it reminds me more of the GSXR i once owned and drops into corners lovely! The only problem when fitting was trying to undo the 'plastic like' bolts which tried to chew-up under the massive force placed upon them by my powerfull self, and had to use a impact driver to free them.
Good Stuff!
hpyraptor
On the Road

Post by hpyraptor »

Told you Graham!! Amazingly cheap, amazing transformation in handling, just.......amazing! :lol: To anyone with long enough legs and a bit miffed about the less than sharp handling of the standard V Raptor, this is the way to go.
the oaf
On the Road

Post by the oaf »

Just seen about ordering a set for my Xtra - hopefully it'll sort out that vague feeling from the front when there's more weight over it. I'm 6"1', so will I be fine with adding the extra height from the additional set mentioned by gjohnp37? I assume with both sets added, there'll be an increase in height of about 60mm? Also, as I've already got adjustable suspension, will that be affected?

By the way, gjohnp37… where in Bournemouth are you based?
gjohnp37

jack-up plates

Post by gjohnp37 »

I have already tried yesterday to post a reply but it did'nt work for some reason, anyway, these plates are the triangular plates either side of the suspension when you look underneath. Therefore you can't use the two sets at once.
Are you the Xtra Raptor I've seen pass the end of my road in Muscliffe - Bournemouth? Me thinking that i'd be Mr Individual on My V Raptor and finding one regularly passing by - Sods law!
Graham
the oaf
On the Road

Post by the oaf »

That's me. I live just round behind the Epiphany school. I have to admit that I'd not seen another Raptor in the immediate area, so also thought it was nice to have something that unique… but now I found out there's one that can't be more than a couple of hundred yards from me.

By the way, I'm also the annoying git on the overly loud SV that goes up Muscliffe lane at about a quarter past six every morning - Sorry.

If you want to meet up sometime, PM me… or even better, just stick your head out of your window and shout.

Cheers, Matt.
gjohnp37

loud git

Post by gjohnp37 »

Luckily, I live off Muscliffe Lane so miss the overloud SV in the mornings whilst your on your way to your fishing boat to get the first catch of the day!
Why else would you be leaving at 6am?
We'll have to go for a pint some day and form The Bournemouth Raptor Chaptor! Perhaps not, the wife thinks I'm sad enough already!
I'm using the V-Rap every day to work in Christchurch and so far has'nt missed a beat (even in all the rain we've had).
I've just fitted a NWS silver ghost hugger for the winter. They're not that cheap but really nicely made and easy to fit, and the silver looks good on the silver bike.
Cheers
Graham
the oaf
On the Road

Post by the oaf »

I work in London, so I have to catch the early train. Used to do it by bike, but it all got a bit too much... particularly the running costs and wrist and neck pain... and that was on the comfy, cheap SV. Raptor's just a weekend toy... but what a toy!

You may not hear me now, but you may soon as I'm getting a new custom exhaust put on the SV in the next couple of weeks that'll have 4 pipes instead of the single one it's got now. Just call me Mr. Popular.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Matt you are a terrorist :lol: - and I thought Bournemouth was a nice genteel place :shock:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
gjohnp37

Post by gjohnp37 »

It can be quite noisy, between the raucous crowds at the Polo match and the sound of gunfire from the Grouse shoot, his bike should fit in well!
the oaf
On the Road

Post by the oaf »

AND I've just received my link pipes to put my old Renegades on the Raptor. :P