Nearly there.... scrambled

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Nearly there.... scrambled

Post by shebee »

For those who missed the other post I no longer have my Raptor :(. But I do have this...
AD2428D4-9BC4-4C58-8A4E-B8FAD2D11186.jpeg
AD2428D4-9BC4-4C58-8A4E-B8FAD2D11186.jpeg (126.33 KiB) Viewed 4313 times
well ... firstly it was supposed to have been a sensible 800 but the dealer couldn’t get the one i wanted in time for my birthday so he mentioned a pre reg 1100 that he had in stock.... so i took the demonstrator out and bought this one!

I tried the low triumph tiger... too much adventure bike styling and widgets... and been there done that. Didn’t even take it out.

Small triumph scrambler, noticeably heavier than the Ducati and wider, felt under powered and feked my hips up.

KTM too tall

And i kept drifting back to the scrambler I had sat on one a few years back and nearly bought it then so it was lurking in the corner of my mind.

It’s got a lot more electric fancy bits... fly by wire and a load of ‘riding modes’ whilst i am running in I have it set to sensible (journey) once i am back out of lockdown and find a bit of road to experiment on i will turn it up to lunatic :) and have a play. It also has abs and traction control apparently???

Although i have done best part of 1000 miles most of them have been wet and cold so i am still learning about her capabilities however she doesn’t flinch when you come round a corner to a sheet of pothole gravel, or hardcore in one case (but i avoided that). The engine is still tight but it’s getting there.

Its reasonably flickable and the wide bars give a nice riding position for hustling down the lanes.

The Raptor had reached the stage where i was limited to about 50 miles each way and then couldn’t walk next day, on the Scrambler i have managed 100 miles each way even in the cold and was still able to walk. Basically ,all in all, its better than i am and thats all i need!

I had the ‘low’ seat on it from the dealer but it was still a bit tall so I have had it retrimmed and its much better for getting on and off.

The engine noise (even without the Ducati dry clutch) is possibly louder that the raptor (and mine had a particularly loud TL tick) but the stock pipes sound nice and cover the engine noise once you are on the move.

The stock mudguards are completely useless, style over functionality, i guess I'm not the target audience , i have fitted a hugger on the back and with the rack and bum bag i no longer get mud all up my back and i have a fenda extender for the front when i get a moment to fit it.

Im not as good/fast as i used to think i was and for now bottom line is that it fits and makes me grin and thats what i wanted!

Now if the virus and lockdown can please *off and the sunshine remain that would be really nice!
Twisted Tequila Sister
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Re: Nearly there.... scrambled

Post by Trevor68 »

beautiful! :thumbsup:
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Glad to hear the 1100 is hitting the spot, Sheebs!

As regards the Ducati dry clutch rattle/knock, be aware that it is not a benign sound but is the cause of wear on the plates and clutch drum that eventually require replacement before the friction linings are anywhere near worn out. Can't imagine why Ducati persist with the design: you might almost think it was to sell more parts!! Anyway, there is an excellent cure for the flaw that costs nothing more than a couple of extra friction plates dropped into the basket first. Hey presto: peace and relative quiet and no more embarrassment when onlookers think (correctly) that your bike is self-destructing! Of course, some Ducati riders say that loud clutches save lives but they are confused souls...

Nick
shebee
Site Admin

Post by shebee »

:happyhappy:
Twisted Tequila Sister
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Thass a very pretty bit of kit that there is.
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Ohlins at the front?
shebee
Site Admin

Post by shebee »

andybaggies wrote: 4 years ago Ohlins at the front?
Not sure ... its the standard not the sport so probably not
Twisted Tequila Sister