Bit Green

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
Glitch
On the Road

Bit Green

Post by Glitch »

Just thought I’d pop in and say hi.
Been an owner since June and this site has been a wealth of knowledge and has helped me in a few situations already. I would like to say thanks to everyone and their contribution on the site.
There are many more things I want to do to my new ride but just taking baby-steps hopefully with all you help past and present it will make this possible.
Cheers again guys and I’m sure I’ll be firing question out soon😁
nickst4
On the Road

Re: Bit Green

Post by nickst4 »

Welcome to the Mob! Hopefully, you bought a decent bike that hadn't been abused or neglected?

Despite their relatively low profile, I reckon Raptors are much easier to live with than one of the previous designs by Mr Galluzi known by it's monsterous name, even though they look very similar. The Suzuki engines are a deal more civilised than the Ducati equivalents. Some might say they therefore lack some character, but character can be irksome on a bad day! :roll:

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Nick
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome to the asylum, glad to hear we have been of help already :D
Twisted Tequila Sister
Glitch
On the Road

Post by Glitch »

Hi Nick,
I was originally looking at the other mentioned bike before finding this one.
I’ve had experience with the Suzuki v-twin from my last bike an SV1000 so know the engine inside and out and was one of the factors that swayed it for me.
Like I said the bike is in really good condition Especially when you consider it’s 20years old.
Not sure if it was previously owned by a forum member but It has been looked after with a few mods, most are pluses. Like rear Nitron shock, front Matris carterages in the forks, Carbon can co cans and blanked off PAIR valves.
Others are more aesthetic. The seat plastics have been removed and the seat narrowed. The front light has been changed (wasn’t keen as first but it has warmed to me)
As the bike has been “changed” it gives me a bit of a license to alter things too. Another reason for joining the forum to try and extract as much knowledge as I can and trying to help out in return.
Cheers
Gav
Glitch
On the Road

Post by Glitch »

Cheers Shebee,
I’m already looking for the next bit of info 😁
Limasenar
On the Road

Post by Limasenar »

Welcome! Also on the 'green' side here - just bought my '08 650 last June (come visit my thread - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5252)

Very warm and chill people in this forum - definitely a lot can be learned here.
"Consistency is the key."

- ZNA
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Not sure if it was previously owned by a forum member but It has been looked after with a few mods, most are pluses. Like rear Nitron shock, front Matris carterages in the forks, Carbon can co cans and blanked off PAIR valves.
It does sound nice and the previous owner seems to have bought top quality stuff for it. Has it done many miles?
Glitch
On the Road

Post by Glitch »

Yeah it has definitely been looked after Andy. It had 20,000 on the clock when I got it, the last owner just had it sat in his garage. The last 3 years it probably covered about 900 miles!
I’ll try and get some photos up on here when I fire the laptop up as the photos on my phone are too large!

I’ll pop over to your thread Limasenar.
Glitch
On the Road

Post by Glitch »

This is the bike before I bought it not much has changed, I’ve change the mirrors to bar end, the rear light, and fitted a F4 front fender
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Nice... it looks like there has been changes made to the side panels and seat?
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

Tastefull changes to the seat and the rear i think
Roadsters are me!
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

sidrat wrote: 3 years ago Tastefull changes to the seat and the rear i think
Certainly shifted the visual weight to the muscular front!

Nick